No announcement yet.

Frio river flow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be there in 5 days. How is the flow? How much walking? I am not sure of the name of the place where we put in, but we normally get out at Happy Hollow.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
      I grew up on that stretch of river. Love the float, fishing can be great, and less crowded. My grandparents had a house right there in Leakey springs estates, oh if those cypress trees could talk.
      I usually rent a riverside house just upstream of the Pecan Farm. Any ballpark on how long the float would be with normal flows to the crossing at 1120? That’d save a lot of hassle driving to 7 Bluffs. We usually ride the 3 Sisters in the morning and float in the afternoon. The last few years we haven’t floated except in the deeper pool behind the house and sat in the shallows. Love watching all the Axis in the morning and evening. I had to promise to leave the bow at home years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
        I usually rent a riverside house just upstream of the Pecan Farm. Any ballpark on how long the float would be with normal flows to the crossing at 1120? That’d save a lot of hassle driving to 7 Bluffs. We usually ride the 3 Sisters in the morning and float in the afternoon. The last few years we haven’t floated except in the deeper pool behind the house and sat in the shallows. Love watching all the Axis in the morning and evening. I had to promise to leave the bow at home years ago.
        Flow right now at Concan is 51 cfs. That's pretty decent. From 337 to 1120, just south of The Baptist Encampent will be around 5 hours, +/- hour for stopping/ paddling.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
          Flow right now at Concan is 51 cfs. That's pretty decent. From 337 to 1120, just south of The Baptist Encampent will be around 5 hours, +/- hour for stopping/ paddling.
          Thanks a lot. We’re always looking for something new instead of simply getting out at the “tree in the road”.

Comment

Was there from 6/7 through 6/12. I fished most of the time but did float (in my kayak) from where we stay at 7 Bluffs down to Frio Country. Did this run on Friday and the flow was great but there were a million others on this run with us. I should have stayed back and fished.

Comment

Won’t be at Frio Pecan Farm till 8/1. Can’t wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggies12 View Post
                What is it looking like? I monitor the flow rate on some websites and it is up from last year, but looking for actual reports from people that have been there or maybe some pictures.
                I went last year and it was super slow, lots of walking.
                Heading back on the 19th. Hopefully the water is still up......
                We just came back from there Monday of this week and the water was great from 1020 pretty much all the way to 1050. I think we had to walk two small areas and the final 100 yards to the 1050 bridge. We got out at Happy Hollow on the second float and no walking between 1020 and there.

Comment

Any suggestions on a place to rent around there on a last minute type thing? Wanted to ride my Harley down and float the river. Never been there before.

Comment

Saw where some crossings are closed down. Looked like they got some big rain. We head up tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Will be there tomorrow also

Comment

It came up a little today. Should be great in a day or two. We will be there next week.

Comment

We got flood warnings on our phones this week. If you are gonna be there by the end of the week, it should be great!!

Comment

River looking good soon I bet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Headed to Leakey Saturday, talked to the ranch owner and she said they got a hell of a rain yesterday and things are looking good.

Comment

currently back down to 200 cfm....that is perfect....no walking

Comment

Working...
                                X