2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
    My son has been on my to take him wade fishing, so I have been looking for the right opportunity. We found a few on the west side of Galveston. Good water was right out of our reach, seeing how my partner was lacking in height to make it much farther than the first gut
    Good stuff! Congrats! I can remember fishing the surf with my dad when I was a kid and standing neck deep on my tippy toes next to my dad who was about belly deep. Every little wave or swell I had to jump to keep my head above water. But I caught fish.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
      Anyone want to share some decent wading areas in Matagorda?
      Do you have a boat?

Comment

I haven't been on much lately because I have been busy fishing. The last few days have been pretty good. The surf has been solid for both trout and reds. I'd sure love it if it would hold for a few more days. It's been nice and easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
          Do you have a boat?
          Unfortunately, no.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone want to share some decent wading areas in Matagorda?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Look on google earth and go down the beach and follow some of the trails in the dunes to the south shore line You can access Hog Island and Kains along with several other areas. Be careful though. The beach and dunes are 4x4 only pretty much right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread Part II

So my dad passed away Thursday evening. While it was very hard on all of us to lose him, it was the best thing for him as he has suffered horribly for along time now. He grew up fishing a lot offshore with my grandfather who not only owned his own boat but owned Anchor Boat Works. Ive had an overnight offshore trip with a few good friends planned and rescheduled in April and May. The last reschedule pushed it out until June 13 and 14. The only way the timing of this trip could have been better is if I would have had some of my Dad's ashes to scatter out there. I'll have to save that for another time. I feel he was with me throughout the trip. The plan was to head out of Port Aransas to the Hoover rig and fish for tuna through the night. At daylight we were going to a swordfish spot and make a drop or two and then hit a snapper spot to finish the trip. Very seldom do things go exactly according to plan but this trip did. Simply amazing. My only regret is not getting the toast to my Dad prior to the first lines hitting the water on "film".

Last edited by rtp; 06-16-2021, 06:52 PM.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08ywEieY7So"]Harpoon Swordfish - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Wow! Incredible trip!

Very sorry to hear about your dad though.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss Richard. Beautiful pics..... thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ryan and Grant are good people and catch a few fish! The ocean looked like a lake congratulations on a great trip.

Comment

Unfortunately, no.
                        Matagorda is not extremely drive in/walk in friendly. There are some places you can access as was mentioned but be very careful. With all the recent rain there are going to be some bottomless mudholes back behind the dunes.

Comment

Looks like a great trip! I have seen a bunch of YFT hitting the docks the last few days with the calm seas. Lots of folks are running out for overnighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                            Matagorda is not extremely drive in/walk in friendly. There are some places you can access as was mentioned but be very careful. With all the recent rain there are going to be some bottomless mudholes back behind the dunes.
                            Fact!

hully1029 be very careful, I have stuck a vehicle to the chassis before and it is no fun! If you get stuck be prepared to be taken advantage of, friend stuck his F250 and cost him $1000 to get out...

You just may end up needing to park a little further away and just walking to the water. Take plenty of Deep Woods Off!!!

It'd be even better if you had kayaks. Put in on the West Shoreline and be close to fish.
                            Last edited by JES; 06-16-2021, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                              So my dad passed away Thursday evening. While it was very hard on all of us to lose him, it was the best thing for him as he has suffered horribly for along time now. He grew up fishing a lot offshore with my grandfather who not only owned his own boat but owned Anchor Boat Works. Ive had an overnight offshore trip with a few good friends planned and rescheduled in April and May. The last reschedule pushed it out until June 13 and 14. The only way the timing of this trip could have been better is if I would have had some of my Dad's ashes to scatter out there. I'll have to save that for another time. I feel he was with me throughout the trip. The plan was to head out of Port Aransas to the Hoover rig and fish for tuna through the night. At daylight we were going to a swordfish spot and make a drop or two and then hit a snapper spot to finish the trip. Very seldom do things go exactly according to plan but this trip did. Simply amazing. My only regret is not getting the toast to my Dad prior to the first lines hitting the water on "film".

Your dad was definitely with you on that trip. Glad to hear you kept the tradition and toasted to your dad and the fish gods.

Great trip, you're so lucky I had to work or it would have been postponed again!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                                So my dad passed away Thursday evening. While it was very hard on all of us to lose him, it was the best thing for him as he has suffered horribly for along time now. He grew up fishing a lot offshore with my grandfather who not only owned his own boat but owned Anchor Boat Works. Ive had an overnight offshore trip with a few good friends planned and rescheduled in April and May. The last reschedule pushed it out until June 13 and 14. The only way the timing of this trip could have been better is if I would have had some of my Dad's ashes to scatter out there. I'll have to save that for another time. I feel he was with me throughout the trip. The plan was to head out of Port Aransas to the Hoover rig and fish for tuna through the night. At daylight we were going to a swordfish spot and make a drop or two and then hit a snapper spot to finish the trip. Very seldom do things go exactly according to plan but this trip did. Simply amazing. My only regret is not getting the toast to my Dad prior to the first lines hitting t

Prayers Up for Y'all. Congrats on the Great trip!

Comment

Working...
                                X