Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Luka kid is pretty special. Go Mavs!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Bird-esque.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
      KP was horrible, needs go.

Luka was amazing last night.
      KP is lacking mental toughness IMO. If he had half of Luka’s confidence he’d be scary. Too bad the Mav’s are paying him top $ for his “potential”. He better wake the hell up and get tough!!!
      Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
      Don't watch the NBA and haven't really since the Jordan era, I would much rather watch NCAA ball but I hear about this kid on the sportscasts, good for him but it really does sound like they are a one man team.
      He indeed is a joy to watch....and yes, he is carrying his team. A tall task to ask from a 22yr old. 🤨
      Originally posted by jer_james View Post
      I dont think he needs to go - but he is definitely not a second best player on a title winning team.

Luka is a generational talent. The way he gets what he wants without the usual athleticism is amazing. Throw in the creativity/passing and its great to sit back and enjoy.
      Like I said, KP’s issues are between his ears IMO. He’s too soft. He needs to eat some groceries, add some bulk, sprout some figs and get a little chippy on the court. I hate to say it but he just looks like a slightly larger, better shooting Shawn Bradley out there at times. 🙄
      Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
      Great point about “usual athleticism”. He doesn’t play like the really good and athletic players do, just plays his own game exceptionally well. It’s interesting to watch.
      Yup...it’s almost comical. On the surface he looks like he should be a slow and weak “white boy can’t jump” type but his frame is deceiving in that he’s stronger than he looks. I can’t quite put my finger on it as it seems there’s almost zero “wasted movement” in his game. Maybe it’s just basketball IQ? He sees the floor better and anticipates defender’s actions a split second sooner than everyone else. He puts his body in position to create space and separation to get any shot he wants. And if you double him? Pick your poison...he sees the open man. Too bad the supporting cast is the Mav’s obvious Achilles heel!
      Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      Very Bird-esque.
      Couldn’t agree more....people that really know basketball have to appreciate what they are seeing and experiencing is special. Any hater...just doesn’t know wth they are talking about.

Comment

Very Bird-esque.

That's a compliment no doubt but the fact is that he has NO comp.

Last night he scored or assisted on 84% of the Mavs field goals. This is the highest % in the history of EVER. At this point it's perfectly acceptable to say he is singular at age 22.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

KP is Carlisles issue. He can’t figure out to control a 7’3” guy and tell how to play basketball. KPs deficiency is foe to carlisles lack of authority. He needs teaching of how the team works but carlisles a **** and can’t dictate what the unicorn does. If he I stricter him him and demanded positions he could thrive but Rick has no backbone

Luka is Carrying ricks non-authority on his back as well. He’s going to end up with ankylosing spondylitis with this crappy supporting cast and no head coach direction

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post

Last night he scored or assisted on 84% of the Mavs field goals. This is the highest % in the history of EVER. At this point it's perfectly acceptable to say he is singular at age 22.

Don't get carried away now. Lol.

Comment

I am not a fan of NBA, but I have been hearing about Luka from my nephew to all the sports talk shows to the news cast. I watched 2 games this series and it is amazing to watch Luka. If he had 1 more go getter who wasn't afraid to go to the basket, the Mavs could win another championship or two.

Like someone said in another post, he does remind you of Bird.

Definitely worth an hour or two of your time to watch that young man play. What's so amazing to me, is he's like 21 or 22, a long future ahead of him.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't get carried away now. Lol.

You're right! Bird was a better free throw shooter! [emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                  I dont think he needs to go - but he is definitely not a second best player on a title winning team.

Luka is a generational talent. The way he gets what he wants without the usual athleticism is amazing. Throw in the creativity/passing and its great to sit back and enjoy.
                  I love watching him play. His style reminds me of the 40-year-old that played college ball running the court at his own speed against a bunch of young guns at the YMCA.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post

I have to agree. Bird was great, but Luka is doing things at 22 that Bird didn't do in his prime. I see some similarities in style, but mostly the comparison is that they're both tall white boys who are more athletic than they look like they should be. Some may disagree, but if he stays healthy, Luka's career trajectory will put him above Bird. Luka fills up the stat sheet better. Bird had 59 career triple doubles. Luka has 36 in three seasons. Bird also had a ton of great players around him, while Luka has been carrying a team of nobodies the last two seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                      Not a Mavs fan but a Luka fan. Luka and Porzingis should be able to make a deep run for a title this year and years to follow. He is definitely fun to watch.
                      Only reason I watch the Mavs are to watch those two guys. Very fun to watch them.

Comment

Oh brother. Come on now.

Comment

Let's just hope the refs didn't get the memo to get the clippers to the finals since the Lakers pooped the bed. You just know they want an LA v. Brooklyn matchup in the finals!

Comment

KP can kiss my *** along with his $30M a year [emoji35]

Comment

Dude Leonard won this. Mavs showed up but Leonard couldn’t miss.

Comment

Well Luka was a t u r d tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X