No announcement yet.

Camp rattlesnakes question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its like guns, look how many people they kill.
    If we got rid of all em look how many lives would be saved every year due to accidental discharges, shooting in a direction you shouldn't, etc..
    Even if we couldn't get rid of all em, every gun you did destroy is one that wouldn't kill someone
    Thats a really bad analogy

Here is a better one....a rattlesnake is more like a crack head, thieve, scum etc etc....We dont allow any of those around our camps and if one did show up, we would have it removed. Our study has found that by not allowing crack heads or thieves to hang out in our camps, we never experience any theft, drugs, arguments, or obscene gestures. Its pretty simple

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
      Thats a really bad analogy

Here is a better one....a rattlesnake is more like a crack head, thieve, scum etc etc....We dont allow any of those around our camps and if one did show up, we would have it removed. Our study has found that by not allowing crack heads or thieves to hang out in our camps, we never experience any theft, drugs, arguments, or obscene gestures. Its pretty simple
      In your opinion.
      To me a a rattlesnake is to be admired, respected, and let on his way.
      You can "what if" anything.
      Your same analogy could again be applied to guns.
      If they are never around, nobody's gonna die from one.
      It's pretty simple.
      But like I said, kill em if you want, everyone you see

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
        In your opinion.

To me a a rattlesnake is to be admired, respected, and let on his way.

You can "what if" anything.

Your same analogy could again be applied to guns.

If they are never around, nobody's gonna die from one.

It's pretty simple.

But like I said, kill em if you want, everyone you see
        Except guns can actually save lives thru self defense. How many lives have rattlesnakes saved... other than the antivenom they provide to well, save someone's life who's been bitten by one.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Guns are inanimate objects.

Buzzworms are a live being capable of ****ing you up in a blink.

I respect the critter, they are amazing animals....just stay out of camp.

My only real issue with the okie was his views on kids, and how they “should” be handled, and his not being responsible for any. It’s all cool, nobody mad or hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
            Except guns can actually save lives thru self defense. How many lives have rattlesnakes saved... other than the antivenom they provide to well, save someone's life who's been bitten by one.

Well.....They saved my truck from getting broke into once. We had a lot of break ins and stuff stolen around town for a while. One night I woke up late at night and looked out the window. The dome light was on in my truck. I stepped outside and the door was wide open so I run out to check it. Nothing was stolen but I had a tote with a bunch of live rattlesnakes in the front seat. My only guess is whoever was gonna help themselves to the stuff in my truck looked in there first.

I couldn't help but laugh thinking about how fast they probably tore out of the front seat of that pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
              Well.....They saved my truck from getting broke into once. We had a lot of break ins and stuff stolen around town for a while. One night I woke up late at night and looked out the window. The dome light was on in my truck. I stepped outside and the door was wide open so I run out to check it. Nothing was stolen but I had a tote with a bunch of live rattlesnakes in the front seat. My only guess is whoever was gonna help themselves to the stuff in my truck looked in there first.

I couldn't help but laugh thinking about how fast they probably tore out of the front seat of that pickup.
              I guess my son should've had some in his truck last Friday night when the dirt bags stole his. I would want the video tho!

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                I guess my son should've had some in his truck last Friday night when the dirt bags stole his. I would want the video tho!

I think that would have helped. Thieves don't like snakes any better than most people.LOL

That could have backfired on me though. Lucky I didn't get some crap head that wasn't scared and decided to dump that box out in my truck.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                  Right, God sure screwed that one up.
                  Its like guns, look how many people they kill.
                  If we got rid of all em look how many lives would be saved every year due to accidental discharges, shooting in a direction you shouldn't, etc..
                  Even if we couldn't get rid of all em, every gun you did destroy is one that wouldn't kill someone.
                  I guess anything makes sense depending on where your mind is.
                  Hell, people think Biden is the better choice over Trump.
                  Different strokes for different folks and that's fine.
                  I never said don't kill em.
                  It's your choice, and your right, just don't act like you're saving the world, or accomplishing anything.
                  Some enjoy the placebo effect, so by all means.
                  I mean if it saves even 1 life right.....
                  Flame away.
                  Yeah....substitute shooters for "guns" and you might have something there. What about cars, alcohol, tobacco? You in on those?

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                    I think that would have helped. Thieves don't like snakes any better than most people.LOL

That could have backfired on me though. Lucky I didn't get some crap head that wasn't scared and decided to dump that box out in my truck.
                    Or get bit and then sue you for it[emoji33]

Comment

What happened here?

[ATTACH]1052347[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1052348[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1052349[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                      X