Hoyt satori 17" with TT carbon extreme 45lb longs
        48# @ 29"

Beaman MFX classics 500s full length 31 1/4
        75gr brass insert
        150gr vpa
        17gr nock and feathers

545gr total

Comment

I figured that I will just pull the field points out of my practice arrows and screw in some broadheads of the same weight.

Comment

Cedar with stone arrowhead 614 grains total arrow weight.

Comment

So, updated question from the resident newbie - I ordered some arrows that I thought were fletched. Turns out they are not fletched - womp womp. So, I have uncut/no insert Black Eagle Vintage arrows that are feather/vaneless.

I'm wondering; how do you guys determine how to set up the back end of your arrows? I've done some reading that says helical vaning produces the best broadhead stabilization. But, specifics are hard to come by.

Comment

What spine?

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  What spine?

Gary
                  Hey Gary - 500 spine (bow is a Samick Sage with 40lb limbs)

Comment

What's your Trad arrow Setup?

LiftAndShoot

The back end of my arrows just get 3 feathers glued on with right helical (because that’s what my fletching jig is) and it’s done! Tune for true flight, using shaft length and point weight, and you don’t have to do anything special to the back end of the shaft.

Also, if you are brand new to trad shooting, don’t get too hung up on tuning. It’s very likely that a lot of things will change as you learn proper form and settle in a groove that fits you. Just make sure you have an arrow that flys relatively straight, then as you learn more, concentrate more on getting perfectly tuned!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Last edited by Bisch; 10-01-2019, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LiftAndShoot View Post
                      Hey Gary - 500 spine (bow is a Samick Sage with 40lb limbs)
                      Awe shucks. If they were 400s I'd buy them from you and you could buy some fletched shafts.
                      The back end of myvfeathers are 1&1/4" from the valley of my nock. I shoot 3 four inch feathers.

Gary

Comment

I just switched today to Widowmaker Smash .400 spine shafts. Full length (34"), with a 44gr outsert and a 145gr field point/150gr broadhead, and 3-4" parabolic feathers. Total arrow weight is 534gr/539gr. Not sure on FOC, but I'd bet it is lower than my FMJ's were because of how long the shafts are. I have never had better bare shaft performance from any other bow/arrow combination I have ever tried!!!

Bisch
                        Last edited by Bisch; 10-02-2019, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Anyone interested in joining me at the ASC in Mansfield, for shooting and friendship?

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                            I just switched today to Widowmaker Smash .400 spine shafts. Full length (34"), with a 44gr outsert and a 145gr field point/150gr broadhead, and 3-4" parabolic feathers. Total arrow weight is 534gr/539gr. Not sure on FOC, but I'd bet it is lower than my FMJ's were because of how long the shafts are. I have never had better bare shaft performance from any other bow/arrow combination I have ever tried!!!

Bisch
                            You're gonna love those shafts more & more as time goes by.

Best arrow shafts I have ever used by far. I just wish Mick could get his US dealerships lined back out.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by BigDraw View Post
                              Anyone interested in joining me at the ASC in Mansfield, for shooting and friendship?
                              First of all - what's ASC? I live up near you..

Second, I would do this if it were not for a week of the wife's late shift and my ankle-biting hooligans driving me batty..

Comment

What's your Trad arrow Setup?

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                                You're gonna love those shafts more & more as time goes by.

Best arrow shafts I have ever used by far. I just wish Mick could get his US dealerships lined back out.

Rick

There is a dealer in Dallas. He goes by TexKing on here. You can PM him for any Widowmaker shafts or broadheads you may need! I work on his ranch in London. If you want more info, let me know!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X