No announcement yet.

2 Bald Eagles shot in East Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reminds me a bit of the Inman fella who shot a whooping crane. Stupid is as stupid does.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain39 View Post
      For all those saying they will go to prison; highly doubt it. Prob get a fine and a little community service. There are people walking the streets on low to no money bonds now days that have killed someone and on their tenth+ arrest. Just like the kids/adults poaching all the deer in Leon County. None of them served prison time, fines and community service. We are not hard on criminals.
      Maybe they won’t serve time (if caught) but it is a folly to compare state laws and habits to the federal laws.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
        Maybe they won’t serve time (if caught) but it is a folly to compare state laws and habits to the federal laws.
        I get your point. But could name plenty of cases where federal law is broken too, and nobody goes to jail.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain39 View Post
          I get your point. But could name plenty of cases where federal law is broken too, and nobody goes to jail.

I agree and that’s why I said so.

Comparing laws and punishments is worse than comparing truck brands. My partner filed a child underage photo case (to get past filters) in state court and the guy was offered probation. A 4 block drive to the federal courthouse and taking the same charges in their system resulted in several years in prison.

That is certainly different than a game violation but just as a comparison, it depends on what they want to do and maybe make an example.

Comment

Originally posted by Slabby View Post
            Unless ypur a sheep rancher
            The area around Eldorado to fort Stockton tx anywhere sheep are the primary livestock I have rarely if ever seen a eagle, hawk , owl . The guys who run livestock on every square inch of the university & school land carry some serious long range shooting gear , SSS is the rule of thumb in big country area

Comment

Originally posted by jdg13 View Post
              Glorified buzzards. But still, what idiot shoots a bald eagle? I'm sure they'll be caught and sent to prison.
              Maybe it after his livestock. Most people know the consequences behind shooting an Eagle

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                Like hawks, owls, and buzzards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never had a buzzard kill my chickens

Comment

Even I wouldn’t do that !

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    Like hawks, owls, and buzzards?

Exactly yes. Add road runners to that list as well.

Comment

Eagles

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      Never had a buzzard kill my chickens
                      So how many chickens have said eagles killed? Sure it was not a hawk, yote, neighbors dog? Maybe eagle was cleaning up the mess. If the loss is that great maybe you can deduct from your taxes.
                      Last edited by trophyhunter01; 11-22-2022, 05:09 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by trophyhunter01 View Post
                        So how many chickens have said eagles killed? Sure it was not a hawk, yote, neighbors dog? Maybe eagle was cleaning up the mess. If the loss is that great maybe you can deduct from your taxes.
                        It was a better payoff for anyways. More bang for the buck now that he’s eating fried eagle instead of fried chicken

Comment

News article said up to 1-year imprisonment and up to a $100,000.00 fine on the Federal side!!

Comment

Y'all might as well burn some flags if one of the greatest symbols of America and freedom just doesn't do it for you

Comment

Originally posted by gburk View Post
                              Eh, Ben Franklin was right

Thanksgiving would look totally different if he’s gotten his way.

Comment

Originally posted by trophyhunter01 View Post
                                I watched the Eagles kill them. It happened once a day for 3 days in a row. Then I kept them in their coop 24-7 for a few days and the eagles left.

I put my wife’s chihuahua out in the yard, but unfortunately it’s still here.

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                                It was a better payoff for anyways. More bang for the buck now that he’s eating fried eagle instead of fried chicken

Comment

Working...
                                X