No announcement yet.

TSA got me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Craftsman 3/8openX7/16Box on my key ring that I found in 1977 when I joined the USAF. It's been with me all over the world. Had a TSA tell me that I could not have that. I said I work for this airline and I promise not to take the acft apart inflight. He's Supervisor correct him and I still have it. Now my Gerber....It's gone.

Comment

TSA Confiscated knifes and items are also sold to the public outright at the State Facilities office in Austin. It's off Bolm road. Some decent deals sometimes.

Comment

There are boxes full of confiscated knives for sale at the gun shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
          I did that once. They gave me the option of putting it in my vehicle.

I didn't have time to get back to the car so I hid it in a flower bed.

Picked it back up when I got back.
          This is what I have done in the past..

Comment

I had one in my pocket and realized it as I was getting ready to go through the check station. I found a potted plant and hid it in there. When I returned from my trip it was still there.

Comment

TSA got me.

Originally posted by postman View Post
              Anyone ever try to get a thermocell insect repeller through? Went to Canada fishing didn't even try, but sure could have been handy to have. I was thinking with the little propane cyl. probably not.

You can take the unit, but you have to buy the propane after you land at your destination.

I also donated a cheapie knife once because I didn’t have time to go back to the car.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If you're flying through Terminal B in SAT, there is a little setup for mailing it back right there at the TSA precheck line.

I once gave one to the baggage guy out front as I realized I had it in my pocket. Fortunately, it was one that was easily replaced.

Comment

A couple years ago I forgot I had a Glock 42 tucked in my waist band, only realize it once I had gotten in line. I had to call my sister in law and have her come back so I could put it back in the truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                    What you meant to say is "I had a brain fart ... forgot to put my pocket knife in my checked bag ... and TSA did a fantastic job and caught it. It sucks that it was one of my favorite knives and I wasn't willing to pay to have them mail it back to me.", right?
                    I did not have a checked bag and i would have gladly paid to get it back. I was not given that option. Flight was already boarding and long term parking was a long ways away.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      yall can always buy your stuff back at auction.....

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...sa-at-airports
                      Daggit………..I did not know that. I have been hit for a very expensive multi-tool and a very nice knife over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                        I did not have a checked bag and i would have gladly paid to get it back. I was not given that option. Flight was already boarding and long term parking was a long ways away.
                        That's different ... I didn't see mention of that in the original post.
                        Still good to see that some of them are actually doing their job well.

Comment

I can't stand the TSA. It's just all for the illusion of security. Frisking old ladies and little kids and taking pocket knives from people that have carried them their whole life. Is that really the ones we are worried about? It's a joke. Plus, they miss just about everything BUT thank goodness they got that pocket knife off of you.

Comment

Last year I was carrying a pinata up to New York to celebrate my Appalachian Trail hike with a big group of hikers. I thought it would be funny showing up with a piñata . I was was given a small bag from an acquaintance that I was supposed to give to a mutual friend who was currently hiking . At the last minute I realized there was a little knife in the bag so I stuck the bag in the pinata And then wrapped the piñata in bubble wrap. I checked the pinata in assuming that I would probably get it smashed. When I picked it up in New York it was covered in tape with those notices that it had been inspected . The little bag with the knife was gone . I often wonder what they were thinking when that pinata came through And their disappointment when they opened it up and didn’t find bricks of cocaine or marijuana. I also wonder why they took the little bag with a knife and often wonder if I wasn’t given a bag with more than just a knife in it ????

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                              Go on Ebay and buy another. I used to buy packs of 12 case knives for $50. Pretty sure the seller worked for TSA
                              I would love to find this deal!

Comment

I flew from Corpus Christi thru Houston to Alabama. Get to my hotel and found my leatherman type multi-tool in my computer bag. Cleared screening twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X