"Boys Weekend"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Boys Weekend"

Last week, the twins celebrated their 25th birthday and hung out with their parents for a night of “Bowling & Wings”. The next day, I got a call from them saying…”Hey Dad..I know it’s short notice, but do you wanna go hunting this weekend? Heck ya, I replied!” I picked them up Friday evening and we headed up to the ranch in Mountain Home for the weekend. Now my freezer was already full so I was done (hunting) for the season and didn’t even bother to take my bow. Kyle had seen and had an encounter with a decent Sika buck a few weeks ago so he was eager to get back up there. We woke up to a bone chilling 26 degrees Saturday morning so I was somewhat glad that I was staying in the warm cabin and not sitting in one of my tripods 😊. Kory texted and said all he was seeing were does. Kyle said he had been watching a big Axis doe all morning with the intention of letting her walk until a mid-sized boar came in and ran her off. Unfortunately, the hog didn’t get a pass and will be providing lots of pan sausage & stew meat for family and friends. Life’s come full circle and the kids have grown up soooo fast! I always enjoy spending time afield with them every chance I get. They are inquiring about “learning to bowhunt” so hopefully I can convert them over to stick & string soon 😊!

K-Man
    Attached Files

Heck yeah!

So awesome.

Comment

You my friend are a blessed man. Your family threads have always been top notch! And those boys turning 25...........glad I am stuck in middle age with no chance of advancement.......

Rwc

Comment

Good stuff....I don't know you guys personally but I can remember very vividly when you were talking about them going to college. I can't believe they are already 25! Congrats all the way around.

Comment

Looks like a great way to spend a birthday!

Comment

That is awesome!

Comment

Good stuff! Raised 'em up right.

Comment

Love it! Congrats!

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

There will never be anything wrong with some family time. Good job raising them up to enjoy the outdoors.

Comment

Living the dream! Congrats all around!

Comment

Good times right there brother !! Need to get them boys some bows..

Comment

Good job Dad!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Awesome, one of the TBH families that I have watched grow up on here. Congrats sir!

Comment

Working...
                              X