Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a golden ticket... (Well a Axion XM30 so close enough... [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16])

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I would love to see someone do a video on how to zero a Sightmark RT scope.

I bought one a while back and for the life of me, cannot get it zero’d at 100 yards. Under daylight conditions, I cannot get it to focus clear enough to even see a bull at 100 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
        Haha! Sorry guys, I think we disappointed several hundred people that didn't win the Sightmark Wraith giaveway.

Thanks for listening/watching the podcast!

Jason
        Yep 100% disappointed. But good news is I heard mine was delivered back home so I'll be taking some leave soon from training these troops and try to put my new Wraith to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
          I would love to see someone do a video on how to zero a Sightmark RT scope.

I bought one a while back and for the life of me, cannot get it zero’d at 100 yards. Under daylight conditions, I cannot get it to focus clear enough to even see a bull at 100 yards.
          You don't need a video, something is definitely wrong with your scope. If you have the rear eyepiece focused so the text on the screen is clear to your eye and then you work on focusing the front objective lens and you can't make out a target at 100 yards, the scope is defective. No question about it. Sightmark will gladly replace it with a new one.

If you bought it from Outdoor Legacy, give me a call. It seems like we've talked about this before but I might be dreaming. I talk to so many people every day about NV and thermal that it starts to run together.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
            I got a golden ticket... (Well a Axion XM30 so close enough... [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16])
            Well I declare, what do we have here? Come on, don't tease us with a brown box, show us what's inside of it.

Comment

2019 Night Vision & Thermal Thread

Well since you insist [emoji16]

Last edited by Russ81; 05-15-2019, 09:32 PM.

Comment

48 min later...

Comment

Ok, here’s a quick review of my Axion XM30.

I. Freaking. Love. This. Handheld!!!

It’s exactly what I was needing to stalk hogs on our properties, with the hogs wising up to my tactics of easing round with the ranger I needed to walk further to get close to the hogs. While it’s not hard it gets old hefting a AR10 with a trail on top to scan pastures. With the Axion on a paracord lanyard it’s a breeze.

Like Jason and Hans said on the Late Nightvision Show the picture is not a helion but it’s plenty for scanning and spotting animals in the palm of your hand, literally. Dern thing is as small as my Leopold rangefinder. It made it nice to keep my rifle slung with a two point sling and carry my shooting sticks in one hand and keep up with the hog using the Axion. Movement seem more fluid and easy vs. having to shoulder my rifle and juggle the sticks till it was time too shoot.

There’s a few things I did different with the Axion vs. my trail as well. If I wasn’t using it I kept the display off so it wouldn’t shine up at my face. I’m also gonna keep an eye on the battery life to see if that extends the time. Another thing with the smaller picture of the Axion the black hot mode looked better too me then the white hot in the video below, On the trail I like white hot better. The color palates are pretty neat as well but for hunting I’ll stick with black hot.

Comment

Another thing I forgot to add this morning to my review. In the video you can see a tree line in the background. I didn’t video them but there was a herd of cows about 550yds away along that tree line and I could clearly ID the cows.

From where I am to the tree line in the video is about 620yds

Comment

Russ, you won that bad boy?!?!?!? Hot dang!

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                        Russ, you won that bad boy?!?!?!? Hot dang!

Ain’t that lucky... I just sent a check too Jason and pretended it was a raffle ticket [emoji1787].

But not gonna lie, the Ol’ Ranger was a skippin’ down the lane while I was singing “[emoji445]Some piggies are gonnna get it...[emoji445]” as the sun was going down last night [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji48]

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                          Ain’t that lucky... I just sent a check too Jason and pretended it was a raffle ticket [emoji1787].

But not gonna lie, the Ol’ Ranger was a skippin’ down the lane while I was singing “[emoji445]Some piggies are gonnna get it...[emoji445]” as the sun was going down last night [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji48]

Oh HAHAHAHAHA that's even funnier I think!

Comment

So I’m getting better at these lanyards for the handhelds

Comment

You sure are! What would a fella need to do to get one of them?

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                                You sure are! What would a fella need to do to get one of them?

Sent you a PM

Comment

Working...
                                X