No announcement yet.

Need help changing out a barrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have wrenches up to 2". Got sockets to 2" also. Problem is I cannot get to any of my tools due to health right now. I am not far from you either.
    I bought a vise and mounted it on a receiver hitch for building AR's.
    I will get my grandson this weekend, and see if he can help locate my big wrenches. If you are not worried about the old one, a pipe wrench would get it also, I think. if we can get to it, I will pm you Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter2989 View Post
      I just checked my stuff, I don’t have that size crows foot. I do have vice, blocks, torque stuff and know how if you need someone to help. I’m all the way up in Mckinney though.

Thanks for the offer man. I’ll play with it some and see what I can do. I may run up to Runner Runner during lunch one day and see if they can swap it real quick for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
        I have wrenches up to 2". Got sockets to 2" also. Problem is I cannot get to any of my tools due to health right now. I am not far from you either.
        I bought a vise and mounted it on a receiver hitch for building AR's.
        I will get my grandson this weekend, and see if he can help locate my big wrenches. If you are not worried about the old one, a pipe wrench would get it also, I think. if we can get to it, I will pm you Saturday.

DB man I appreciate the offer. I’m also sorry to hear you are having health issues. You work on you and I’ll get this taken care of. I do appreciate the offer to help though. Worst case scenario it spends a week or so at the gunsmith. Thanks again.

Comment

I replaced one very similar last night, I used a big crescent wrench with the upper in a vice block. Then used a rubber mallet to hit the crescent wrench til it broke free.

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
            I replaced one very similar last night, I used a big crescent wrench with the upper in a vice block. Then used a rubber mallet to hit the crescent wrench til it broke free.

I may give that a try. Thank you.

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys I got it off yesterday with a pipe wrench and crescent. LOL....barrel was trash anyway.

Comment

Working...
              X