Javelina in Wise County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crowmagnum View Post
    My lease in Knox co is covered up in them��I killed this Javi in 2017 w my bow and had a rug made of it.
    Our lease is in Knox and foard county. See them often as well..

Comment

Anyone else around Bridgeport, Decatur, Jacksboro or Bowie seeing them?

Comment

Just a tip friends.Mature Bucks hover the Javis.They use them as Lookouts����

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          One or 2, even a few every now and then is not a real problem, but #1, nothing will come into the feeder or where you intend to shoot if there are javelina there. #2, If you don't keep their numbers in check, they will continue to multiply and being somewhat of a herd animal, you'll soon go from 1 or 2 or a few to 40... Get a few hunts messed up by them during peak hunting times, and you'll see real quick what's wrong with them... They will flat out smap at and chase anything that comes into your area away. If you're looking at a nice buck coming in and all of a sudden, he wheels his head around and takes off like he's been shot at, you'll know javelina are on their way in...
          Thanks for the reply.

My experiences hunting the Cotulla area for years have been different. Deer and javelina have no problem eating from the same sendero together. I haven’t seen them chase deer off, either.

Seems as though they tolerate each other pretty well considering they’ve been living together for centuries.

Yeah, they’ll come to a feeder and eat all the corn. Just like the deer, hogs, turkey, green jays, etc.

Comment

My cousin saw one a few years back on our families place outside of Chico right off Lake Bridgeport.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
              Thanks for the reply.

My experiences hunting the Cotulla area for years have been different. Deer and javelina have no problem eating from the same sendero together. I haven’t seen them chase deer off, either.

Seems as though they tolerate each other pretty well considering they’ve been living together for centuries.

Yeah, they’ll come to a feeder and eat all the corn. Just like the deer, hogs, turkey, green jays, etc.
              Same here, now hogs are another story.

Comment

Several groups from Woodson and throckmorton
                Attached Files

Comment

Just seen this on book of faces

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I see them all the time in Throckmorton County. Sometimes 10 to 15 show up at feeder. Nothing I can do as no season for them. Doubt Id ever eat one as they smell like a skunk.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post

I hope those aren’t the 2 I saw and the pics in this post.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post

Look like Hog to me, but obviously not the best pics

Comment

Working...
                        X