Lampasas County 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skiguy327 View Post
    I thought P&R Processing did a good job on my brother’s black buck. They’re about 15 miles S of Lampasas on 183.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yeah i know the place, I will give them a call.

Comment

I'm ready for Saturday morning and some El Rodeo taco's!

Comment

Tommy Pulati's does amazing work. He is located just past walmart on top of that hill headed east. There is a big P on his gate. His number is listed above on Cabelas post.

Comment

Just had what looked to be a 5 yr old 9 pushing a doe around about 100 yards out. If that's going on it could be loud tomorrow morning around here when all the rifles start barking. Had a 5 or 6 yr old 8 come by at first light but he didnt trip my trigger. Especially not on my first sit of the year

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenWilly View Post
            Just had what looked to be a 5 yr old 9 pushing a doe around about 100 yards out. If that's going on it could be loud tomorrow morning around here when all the rifles start barking. Had a 5 or 6 yr old 8 come by at first light but he didnt trip my trigger. Especially not on my first sit of the year

The chase is on from what I’ve heard

Comment

Originally posted by Cabela View Post
              The chase is on from what I’ve heard
              Likewise. It should be a active weekend for sure. Can't wait to hear my neighbors shoot all of the deer I've passed so far this season haha

Good luck everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by RyanE17 View Post
                Likewise. It should be a active weekend for sure. Can't wait to hear my neighbors shoot all of the deer I've passed so far this season haha

Good luck everyone!
                Lol yeah I know that feeling all too well

Had a young buck come in behind me grunting about 45 mins ago. Also hear what sounded like a car crash down in the creek bottom in the area I last saw that 9! Never heard two bucks hit that hard fighting ! Think they both got head aches because it was a very short lived fight sounded like haha

Comment

Any updates after the weekend? I shot a doe at 6 yards Friday afternoon and have seen a bunch of deer but not a ton in bow range. Wind has been kinda weird so I haven't been able to hunt my usual bow set ups. Saw a good mature 9 Friday morning out of bow range pushing a doe and had a couple of young up and corners I could have stuck but that's it. I heard the results of the big buck contest in town Saturday morning and the winning buck only scored 104! Couldn't believe that lol I passed bucks bigger than that Saturday morning. Haven't heard very many shots either. In stand now and will be hunting tonight and the morning also

Comment

Any updates after the weekend? I shot a doe at 6 yards Friday afternoon and have seen a bunch of deer but not a ton in bow range. Wind has been kinda weird so I haven't been able to hunt my usual bow set ups. Saw a good mature 9 Friday morning out of bow range pushing a doe and had a couple of young up and corners I could have stuck but that's it. I heard the results of the big buck contest in town Saturday morning and the winning buck only scored 104! Couldn't believe that lol I passed bucks bigger than that Saturday morning. Haven't heard very many shots either. In stand now and will be hunting tonight and the morning also

Had lots of activity all weekend. Saw a shooter three different times but, was only on my side of the fence once for about 10 seconds. He was tending a doe every time I saw him. I saw bucks running all over the place on the drive in from Forth Worth Friday afternoon too. I'm surprised there wasn't more success based on what I witnessed. This weekend should be 100% game on for the rut.

Comment

I forgot to post it up but on Tuesday morning my dad watched a buck breed a doe out in one of our coastal fields. I also had a 2yr old nice 8 working past me that morning and I grunted at him and he about ran me over! Lol pretty awesome

Comment

I forgot to post it up but on Tuesday morning my dad watched a buck breed a doe out in one of our coastal fields. I also had a 2yr old nice 8 working past me that morning and I grunted at him and he about ran me over! Lol pretty awesome

I would think this weekend would be a good one to be there with the weather and the rut

Comment

Yeah I would think so too! It will be next weekend before I get to make it back unfortunately. But I'm ready to get back even after just getting home from being at the lease 5 days Haha

Comment

I'm sittin here in the camper gettin ready to get dressed up in my deer killin outfit and go see if I can lay my eyes on one. Figured with the rut rollin, the weather, basically a new moon with it being overhead and underfoot at good times.. this may very well be a good weekend
                            We will see...I have all day today and tomorrow until 10:00-11:00 before I have to roll out back to the house

Comment

Good luck! Should be on their feet with this weather for sure

Comment

Good luck Thwack..It was still wet @ both my spots cpl of weeks ago. Saw a few deer and younger bucks. Hopefully it dried out some and this cold front should have them moving good

Comment

Working...
                                X