Copper to pex ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copper to pex ?

I found a small drip on a copper pipe, if it blows out before next week whenever the plumber comes,
    And I need to emergency fix how do I connect copper to pex ?
    The shelves are empty of 99.9% of any types of plumbing supplies
    Plumber say don’t touch it and maybe it will last, I can place a bucket under the sink to catch the drip

Shark bite

Comment

2nd shark bite if you can find some

Comment

If no couplings try 2 sharp bite 90s with a loop

Comment

Shark bite. if you cant find any cut a piece of rubber tube and wrap it around it tight. Then put a hose clamp on wither side of the hole. It will get you by in a pinch

Comment

Put that wrap repair tape on it for piece of mind until it gets repaired correctly. Lowes home depot etc carry it.

Shop FiberFix 1 In. Black PTFE Plumbers Tape - Gas & Water Fittings - Hardens Like Steel - Easy to Use - Permanently Fixes Breaks - Single Roll at Lowe's.com. Things always break at the times (when) you need them most. Now with FiberFix, you no longer need to replace it, you can just FiberFix it; 100x stronger than

Comment

We used copper to pex to fix the lone that broke in our ceiling
              If you can find the parts do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That is the best self sealing tape on the planet IMO. Get a fool of it and wrap the leak with it and you Kingston not ever have to actually repair it.

Comment

Get a ac or other engine hose of the appropriate diameter and a couple of clamps. Good to go until a permanent repair can be made.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I would call a local hvac company and have them braze it. Those guys are not busy right now and have the copper skill-set.

Comment

Surprised no one stated this yet.

Flexseal... have you not seen the commercials. You can build a boat with the stuff.

Comment

dresser coupling

Or something like this

Comment

Shark bite is the way to go. Pick some up a Lowes after the freeze. I also like the HVAC ideal. Just pick the parts up first. I think there copper is a different size OD. Some one else on here might know better.

Comment

IF you can't find what you need, let me know what size you need and I may have it. I have a box of SharkBite fittings. I am in Wimberley.

Comment

Working...
                            X