Can you use blue PEX in place of red PEX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
    That plumber wouldn’t get paid till he fixed that!

What’s wrong with it ?

Comment

Either one just make sure its pointed in right direction or water won't work if backwards.....

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
        What’s wrong with it ?

There’s a reason they make red & blue, so you can identify which pipe is which later!

But I guess we dealt with that with copper for years and survived.

Still a BS move on the plumbers part

Comment

Pex is pex !
          Only color coded for differentiation.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
            What’s wrong with it ?
            My house was built in 2014. They used a pex like product. It is grey or white but have had no issues. I may be wrong but if looked like it had a metal liner inside of it. Could have sworn they said it was a german product but comparable to Pex.

Comment

Nope water want get hot because it’s blue pex only works for cold water ����

Comment

All the same bro.

Comment

There’s a reason they make red & blue, so you can identify which pipe is which later!

But I guess we dealt with that with copper for years and survived.

Still a BS move on the plumbers part
                  Why cold water is on right hot water is on left water doesn’t know what color of pipe it’s flowing in . If the plumber knows his right from his left what are you worried about?
                  Last edited by Hoss163; 02-23-2021, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                    My house was built in 2014. They used a pex like product. It is grey or white but have had no issues. I may be wrong but if looked like it had a metal liner inside of it. Could have sworn they said it was a german product but comparable to Pex.
                    Fostapex (ViegaPex) most likely. Great product used mainly in ground or slab but does come in red/blue/grey. Most just use the 3/4 grey for supply line.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                      Why cold water is on right hot water is on left water doesn’t know what color of pipe it’s flowing in . If the plumber knows his right from his left what are you worried about?
                      The idea that a plumber doesn't know his left from his right.

Comment

That plumber wouldn’t get paid till he fixed that!
                        I would think the contract would have a lot to say about that.

If the contract said red and blue would be used yes he changes if it don’t say anything about the color he gets paid.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                          So, what happens when you pull both white pipes down the wall at the same time?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Interesting subject, fair question, but all the different statements tells me life isn’t so bad in the good ol USA.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                              Interesting subject, fair question, but all the different statements tells me life isn’t so bad in the good ol USA.

You must be joking. If you haven’t been to the PACE forum lately I guess you might not know that we’re done and life as we know it is over and there’s no return and we now live in a banana republic, 3rd world, communist country.

Comment

Most of the white/clear pex Will have red or blue lettering on it to identify hot cold

Comment

Working...
                                X