generator group buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alien_scones View Post
    I am on the fence. There is a review on generatorbible that stated this is not an inverter generator and his pellet smoker wouldn't run because of that.

Can anyone elaborate on that, and what other household items might have a problem? Computers?

t y
    I ran my PittBoss off of mine while the power was down. Also had our WiFi up for a bit, though that was spotty due to ComCast having their own power issues in the area.

Freezer, fridge, dehumidifier for the gun safe and even a hair drier for my daughter worked while all running at the same time.

Comment

I am on the fence. There is a review on generatorbible that stated this is not an inverter generator and his pellet smoker wouldn't run because of that.

Can anyone elaborate on that, and what other household items might have a problem? Computers?

Inverters are limited to about 3800 watts So this one is not an invertor.

This generator has a 30 amp plug and a 50 amp plug.

So get a 50 amp cord and a 50 amp reliance input plug and a interlock device.

This is the link at Home Depot I was or am going to order one of these.

If anyone is interested in my neck of the woods I can take delivery and you can pick up here. I have a tractor with pallet forks to load.

I bet many big name generators are made there.
      Last edited by Stan R; 02-23-2021, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Possibly interested. Buying ASAP. And I’m local. Tagged to read in a bit

Comment

Will the generators be shipped to each individual buyer location, or sent to a single location on a pallet?

Comment

Will the generators be shipped to each individual buyer location, or sent to a single location on a pallet?
            Let me check on this tomorrow.. if I can swing it I will push to have all go to the individual buyers.

I had a couple inquiries looks like maybe only 1 or 2 spots left-

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              Yeah yeah. But I mean can you take that generator cord and do anything with it besides putting it into a transfer switch. If I only want to power several 110v items, is it a waste of money/gas to get one like that.
              Chew, if you just want to plug in a fridge or a freezer then you don't really need something that big. A smaller, easier to handle generator might be a better fit for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                Looks like a good one. Are there any advantages to the 30 amp and 50 amp twist lock outlets other than plugging into a breaker box transfer box or for an RV plug?

Can you use those heavier outlets to feed more power downstream for 110v appliances like window units, heaters, etc?

I'm an electrical idiot.

Thanks.
                I happen to have a 50amp plug in my garage so I can back feed to my circuit box. I like the 1,000 but really need invertor for ACs and trailer etc

Comment

I'm looking at 2 - 3400 watt Champions running parallel so I can have the invertor and also use one as backup. The parallel kit has a 50amp plug

Comment

Interested in getting in on this. I'm in San Antonio. Please let me know if there are spots left and what you're thinking about for shipping/meeting up.

Comment

Interested also let me know when you find out .
                      Last edited by TX Outlaw; 02-23-2021, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
                        Chew, if you just want to plug in a fridge or a freezer then you don't really need something that big. A smaller, easier to handle generator might be a better fit for you.
                        While I can agree, I’ve never heard anyone during a storm mention they wish they had a smaller one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
                          can you convert this one to natural gas?
                          Yes they sell kits on Amazon and eBay for around $125 .

Comment

generator group buy

Originally posted by txhunt7 View Post
                            I'm looking at 2 - 3400 watt Champions running parallel so I can have the invertor and also use one as backup. The parallel kit has a 50amp plug

With a parallel kit those will make about 30 amps. Saw the formula on here. Watts divided by 240 = amps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Last edited by Stan R; 02-23-2021, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                              Let me check on this tomorrow.. if I can swing it I will push to have all go to the individual buyers.

I had a couple inquiries looks like maybe only 1 or 2 spots left-

Maybe you can up the group buy to 10? I’m wanting one. I’m in central louisiana, so I need a location to get it if they can’t ship to individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
                                No. I had a big generator (8500/6800) but was trying to run two space heaters a refrigerator a TV and some lamps and I felt like I wasn't getting the proper power out of my generator.

I was using extension cords in the 110 outlets. That's why I was asking about being able to use the 30 or 50 amp circuits off of the generator to power 110 devices. I need the full power of a large generator but not necessarily to hook directly into a transfer switch which I do not have and I'm not going to install because I'm moving in two years.
                                Last edited by Chew; 02-23-2021, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X