My fall on the ice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My fall on the ice...

So last Saturday I left the house at 0530 to get gas for the generator. Was walking around the back of my old Explorer, parked on a sloped driveway, and busted myself good. Feet out, horizontal in mid-air, and down he goes. Managed to get my arms back just a tad and cushioned the blow, but land on my back mostly and bounced my noggin on the concrete. Good LORD!

If had not had on a thick beanie I may seriously broken my head open. Could have laid there in the dark, on the ice, in the 5F temps till she came looking for me to take out the garbage or start the generator.

I'm still sore. Back, ribs, and head. What a hit.

61 is too old for this ****!

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
    So last Saturday I left the house at 0530 to get gas for the generator. Was walking around the back of my old Explorer, parked on a sloped driveway, and busted myself good. Feet out, horizontal in mid-air, and down he goes. Managed to get my arms back just a tad and cushioned the blow, but land on my back mostly and bounced my noggin on the concrete. Good LORD!

If had not had on a thick beanie I may seriously broken my head open. Could have laid there in the dark, on the ice, in the 5F temps till she came looking for me to take out the garbage or start the generator.

I'm still sore. Back, ribs, and head. What a hit.

61 is too old for this ****!
    I'm glad your mostly ok!

Yes it is [emoji23][emoji23]
    So is 50 BTW [emoji1303]

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

"Mostly" is about the best we can say.

Comment

I feel your pain. I thought I’d try out a sled “aka trash can lid”. Well my lower back didn’t see the fun I saw.

I hope for a speedy recovery for you and me

Comment

That reverse superman fall is no fun at any age!
          Hope you guys have a quick recovery

Comment

I busted my ***** last week after walking to my shop on the snow/ice very carefully, my first step into my shop and I did the splits. The snow had built up on my boots and the concrete was as slick as ice. I held onto the door and it broke my fall a little bit.

62 is to old to be falling on concrete. I was only a little sore for a couple of days.

Comment

One of my coworkers did that only hit his head on the foot step on our brush truck.......put cold and a trip to the ER

Comment

I hear ya. The fall I took Monday on the driveway wasn’t fun at all. Luckily I had on a really thick coat that cushioned the fall somewhat. And like you, no telling how long I would have laid there until my wife decided she needed something. 58 years here and married for 34.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Guys our age, have made the full circle...................
                  We're back to crawling, on all fours..................

Comment

I had my slip and fall at the gas pumps at HEB.
                    Even at 64, I sprung right back to see who saw. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a good one the other day too.First time in many years,that I knocked the wind outta myself.

Comment

Glad your ok that is bad stuff falling on ice.

Comment

I did too. Slipped and fell flat on my back. Couldn't do nothin about it. My head bounced off the concrete like a basketball. Felt like it knocked me cross eyed.

That's pretty dangerous stuff. I know a guy that got brain damage from slipping and hitting the back of his head like that. I heard about a lady two hours from here that did the same thing and it killed her instantly.

I did that at work and a guy I work with asked the most annoying question I could have been asked. "Why is there snow all over your back?"......I looked at him and said "I was making snow angels......what do you think happened?" He smiled like he was holding back laughter and said....."Did you fall?" What was his first clue I wonder? Oh maybe the fact that my eyes were probably looking different directions plus the snow on my back? Gosh dang that hurt.
                          Last edited by okrattler; 02-23-2021, 08:09 PM.

Comment

My last good fall was in 2017. Had broken my back at south padre island three days before. Slipped down in the kitchen wearing socks. Struck my left elbow on the counter and had the presence of mind to try and tuck my chin. Fell flat on my back and layed there for about 30 seconds. Amazingly I was able to slowly get up even with a compressed L1

Comment

Same thing here, and I had just been telling myself to be careful on the ice when it happened last week. Landed on my left (replacement) hip and elbow. Had to crawl to my truck to pull myself up it was so slick. Did manage to recover the 12-pack I was carrying without damaging any of the delicate contents.

Wrong activity to engage in at 61.

Stu

Comment

Working...
                              X