No announcement yet.

What the heck is trade value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see adds listed the way I don’t like all the time. I keep right on scrolling. They don’t have to deal with me and vice versa. Works out in everyone’s favor.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
      Let’s be honest here. Too many of y’all throw out some dumb*** trade offers. You want to do that be my guest. It’s going to be in my favor if I accept it. Ifs it’s something I actually want (I’ll list it in the ad) and then I’ll give you same as cash value if it’s in good condition. Y’all that skip right over it aren’t hurting anyone’s feelings. That’s exactly what we wanted you to do. Keeps the stupid to a minimum.

You aren’t going to live long with your anger issues. Lol

Seriously, lighten up. It was not that serious of a thread. Calling folks stupid seems well stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
        You aren’t going to live long with your anger issues. Lol

Seriously, lighten up. It was not that serious of a thread. Calling folks stupid seems well stupid.
        I didn’t call anyone stupid. I said the offers we receive are stupid. Hence posting the way we do.

Comment

I didn’t call anyone stupid. I said the offers we receive are stupid. Hence posting the way we do.

How does inflating the value of something change the offers you’ll get?

Comment

How does inflating the value of something change the offers you’ll get?
            I’ve already seen plenty of people posting they keep on scrolling if so. Seems to work quite well. Offer me want I want and I’ll take a fair value. Offer me your junk or something I don’t need/want and I’m going to come out ahead. If people think they’re coming out on the losing side they don’t tend to offer it.

Comment

I’ve already seen plenty of people posting they keep on scrolling if so. Seems to work quite well. Offer me want I want and I’ll take a fair value. Offer me your junk or something I need/want and I’m going to come out ahead. If people think they’re coming out on the losing side they don’t tend to offer it.

I can assure you I’ve never made a trade offer that wasn’t fair. And I’m one of the ones that backs out when people do that. Mainly because it makes zero sense. If you don’t want to trade, don’t trade. If someone makes an offer you don’t like, don’t take it. It’s not rocket science.

Comment

I can assure you I’ve never made a trade offer that wasn’t fair. And I’m one of the ones that backs out when people do that. Mainly because it makes zero sense. If you don’t want to trade, don’t trade. If someone makes an offer you don’t like, don’t take it. It’s not rocket science.
                I’m not saying you have. Plenty do though. It keeps it to a minimum. If you’ve seen my inbox when I post things you’d understand. I don’t like or use junk, but plenty of people think it’s ok to offer 5 junk $30 parts in trade for something that’s $150 value. When that $150 value is based off used prices, and the 5 junk parts aren’t worth the box they’re sent in used. Things of that nature

Comment

You asked a question. My second response was snide, as I believed yours was as well. The rest haven’t had any attitude even though it may come across that way. I’m brash and don’t really care to sugar coat things, but there was no ill intent meant.

Comment

I’m not saying you have. Plenty do though. It keeps it to a minimum. If you’ve seen my inbox when I post things you’d understand. I don’t like or use junk, but plenty of people think it’s ok to offer 5 junk $30 parts in trade for something that’s $150 value. When that $150 value is based off used prices, and the 5 junk parts aren’t worth the box they’re sent in used. Things of that nature

I agree 100 percent. People make dumb trade offers all the time. All I’m saying is you can’t inflate your price to weed out dumb offers. Dumb people do what dumb people do.

Comment

I'm just assuming here, but seems to me that if they have a cash value, that is what they want. It is liquid and they can use it for just about anything. If you are going to offer them trade value, then they will require a premium since it is not as liquid and in the end they may take on the burden of selling that item for cash at some point.

I'm not saying that is the way I do business but since the thread was about "understanding", I'm just throwing out a theory.

for the record, I have nothing for sale or trade .

Comment

I could be way off and it confuses me too, but I was kind of thinking it was basically the new price of the item. That gives people a direct comparison of what something costs new. Obviously demand changes stuff like that, ammo and guns for example new price would be very close to used price whereas a compound bow new price would be much higher than used price.

Comment

I’ll trade you my opinion for $100

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                            I’ll trade you my opinion for $100

Cash value?

Comment

Cash value?
                              $0.02 maybe?

Sorry Fishndude I had to!

Comment

What gets me is people trading guns for bows. Bows depreciate to zero value. Guns never go to zero.

Anyone want to to trade a top of the line clean Bear Whitetail for 1984 Remington 700 BDL ‘06?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X