No announcement yet.

Build New or Buy Used Bay Boat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying used can be a great move if you are ready to act fast. I got really lucky in September 2019 and a buddy of mine wanted to sell his 2016 scb recon and I got first opportunity and bought it. I was even more lucky that I had probably been on that boat with him for 50+ of the 100 hours he had on it at the time. I would call Eric Simmons and let him know you are looking for a used rig and to keep an eye out. The ES custom Facebook page is a good group to join if you’re on Facebook as some come across there time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chase15 View Post
      Buying used can be a great move if you are ready to act fast. I got really lucky in September 2019 and a buddy of mine wanted to sell his 2016 scb recon and I got first opportunity and bought it. I was even more lucky that I had probably been on that boat with him for 50+ of the 100 hours he had on it at the time. I would call Eric Simmons and let him know you are looking for a used rig and to keep an eye out. The ES custom Facebook page is a good group to join if you’re on Facebook as some come across there time to time.

I'm on there and have seen some come through just haven't been quick enough on the trigger so far.

Comment

Originally posted by breeds13 View Post
        I'm on there and have seen some come through just haven't been quick enough on the trigger so far.
        Post up what you are looking for an you will get some responses. A lot of times people don't post as the tire kickers run wild or the $$$$ for a used boat you are crazy.

I was going to put mine on the market but I am going to keep it another year. I am on this list for a rev or his new mold.

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
          Not everyone's Portfolio looks like yours today
          Funny it swung $16k the other way. OOOOOps

But then again most cant and dont pay cash for a boat either

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Paul View Post
            Post up what you are looking for an you will get some responses. A lot of times people don't post as the tire kickers run wild or the $$$$ for a used boat you are crazy.

I was going to put mine on the market but I am going to keep it another year. I am on this list for a rev or his new mold.
            I was gonna mention one may be available here

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

The used boat market is just as crazy as the used boat market. I’ve seen a lot of used boats lately going for dang near new prices. It’s simple supply and demand right now.

I might put mine on the market around November, but not totally decided right now.

I really want a JH outlaw 210x.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                The used boat market is just as crazy as the used boat market. I’ve seen a lot of used boats lately going for dang near new prices. It’s simple supply and demand right now.

I might put mine on the market around November, but not totally decided right now.

I really want a JH outlaw 210x.

I have a buddy who will be selling his 25' Outlaw about then.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                  I have a buddy who will be selling his 25' Outlaw about then.

If I were guiding I could see the 25, but for my use I can’t justify it.

Comment

Every boat I've ever owned I bought used. I usually break even on them, and have never lost big as long as they're well maintained.

Comment

Build New or Buy Used Bay Boat?

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                      My .02. Let someone else take the "new" hit and buy at a discount. Boats and RVs are generally very seldom used. If you can find a used one that's been kept in storage you can almost buy a brand new 10 yr old sled. Some of us use our boats weekly, but a big majority buy new, use it for a summer, then the cool wears off and it gets put in the water 2-3 times a year after that. If it were me, I'd buy a well kept used boat.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Can someone show me where this depreciation is, I’ve been shopping for months and it’s seems decent boats are within a few grand of new. I’ve been looking for a sportsman 227 masters and 3-4 year old asking 3-4 grand less than brand new.

I’m looking at Facebook marketplace and seeing a boat model I have been quoted for 61500 brand new master 227 platinum with trailer and they are trying to get 65-70 used. I thank I can add my own power pole for 2500.

Last edited by nchunter; 02-23-2021, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nchunter View Post
                        Can someone show me where this depreciation is, I’ve been shopping for months and it’s seems decent boats are within a few grand of new. I’ve been looking for a sportsman 227 masters and 3-4 year old asking 3-4 grand less than brand new.

I’m looking at Facebook marketplace and seeing a boat model I have been quoted for 61500 brand new master 227 platinum with trailer and they are trying to get 65-70 used. I thank I can add my own power pole for 2500.

Current covid world there is not much depreciation, when the bubble pops it will probably be significant.

Comment

Originally posted by nchunter View Post

There isn’t. The new boat market is so short of supply, it has caused the use market to get stupid.

Comment

What they said. If you're jones'n to buy right now, you're gonna get the shaft.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Hire glen 3-4 times a year and you'll be in fish and money ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                                Every boat I've ever owned I bought used. I usually break even on them, and have never lost big as long as they're well maintained.
                                I've been pretty happy with the sail of a few.

The last one left for 2500 less than I paid for it 8 years prior

Im pretty confident I could sells my current boat for what I paid in 2015. Like you, my stuff is clean
                                Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X