Street Race Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
    What did their parents say when you told them? Or no parents in their life?
    I have no idea where he lives, but I have been putting the bug in my neighbor's ears. I would imagine any parent that would put their kid in a vehicle like that in their teens probably needs a good slapping too.

Comment

I live right where this happened. It happens every night. Maybe not an actual event, but if you drive down the beltway 8 feeder road near 290 at night, you will come across them. I had both my kids with me when I got stuck next to two idiots about to race.
      Our light was green, we started going then all of a sudden they both slowed down to a stop then blew past us a few hundred yards later. ****** me off to no end.

Comment

I know many of you don't do FB, which I do respect, but here is their street racing page . Comments are interesting.
        Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
          Really sad deal. I've got what appears to be about an 18 year old running around in my area in a brand new Mustang GT, flying down neighborhood roads at 80+ and blowing through stop signs. The little *****'s buddy in the passenger seat flipped me off the other day... it's just a matter of time, but they will all unfortunately learn the hard way, and spend years in prison.
          Prison might be better than the alternative....hoping both of those options happen before he kills somebody else.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Horsepower to IQ ratio way out of whack.

Idiot.
            post 13...

This is why street racing is just a bad deal these days. 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
              I have no idea where he lives, but I have been putting the bug in my neighbor's ears. I would imagine any parent that would put their kid in a vehicle like that in their teens probably needs a good slapping too.
              Ain't that the truth. I had 260 HP in a pickup truck in HS, and even that was probably too much. If I had 480 hp in HS, I would be dead.

Comment

Street racing is a chronic problem in Dallas and the cops can't seem to get a handle on it. Incidents really increased during the pandemic - bored kids nd empty streets. There have been numerous deaths - both racers and bystanders. There was even a DPD officer that died while street racing while off duty

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  Street racing is a chronic problem in Dallas and the cops can't seem to get a handle on it. Incidents really increased during the pandemic - bored kids nd empty streets. There have been numerous deaths - both racers and bystanders. There was even a DPD officer that died while street racing while off duty
                  Combined with a lack of discipline anymore and you've got a recipe for disaster

Comment

Originally posted by tlh2865 View Post
                    Combined with a lack of discipline anymore and you've got a recipe for disaster
                    What I find crazy. I have a Hellcat. It's a very expensive car, and I (except for track days) treat it as such. Oil change at the proper times, rotate tires, never drive in rain, clean all the time.

I see 20 year olds driving the same car, but tuned to over 1000 hp in some cases. I've asked how it does on the track, only to be told they've never been on the track. How does a 20 year old even get financing for stuff like that??? And how can they afford insurance? For me, it's through the roof expensive, and I have a clean record.

Comment

Camaro—enough said! :-)

Hope he spends a lot of time in the lock up, and gets every penny he had – likely not many – taken from him in civil suits.

Comment

What I find crazy. I have a Hellcat. It's a very expensive car, and I (except for track days) treat it as such. Oil change at the proper times, rotate tires, never drive in rain, clean all the time.

I see 20 year olds driving the same car, but tuned to over 1000 hp in some cases. I've asked how it does on the track, only to be told they've never been on the track. How does a 20 year old even get financing for stuff like that??? And how can they afford insurance? For me, it's through the roof expensive, and I have a clean record.
                        It's insane...they add all that HP & put on moderate gripping tires to get the wear & create a disaster.

That camaro was an SS with the ZL1 1Le wing...I can't believe all those folks were standing around where they were on the hwy knowing the show boating was incoming. They were there for the burnouts??

Lotsa stupidity going on right there.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                          Camaro—enough said! :-)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVyBaX6sCd4"]Fast Fails: Mustang Leaving Car Shows Edition - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Anything you can share? I've only read what the insta and FB says, who knows how much is actually true.
                            given his position I doubt he can

Comment

You would think people would learn from the unfortunate decisions others have made...but they don't, and this will happen again and again. Its just a lottery of where and when.

Comment

How does a 20 year old even get financing for stuff like that??? And how can they afford insurance? For me, it's through the roof expensive, and I have a clean record.
                                Spoiled rich kids that have parents that buy them anything to get them out of their hair.

Just ask the jack wagon up here in Plano whose father lets him drive Super Cars to school - who lost control of a $3.4 million Pagani Huayra - totaled it...just to laugh about it.
                                Last edited by wellingtontx; 02-23-2021, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X