Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowfishin fool View Post
    All right men, Help Me out!!

I’ve tried safety razors, single blades up to a 6 blade. Cheap, super expensive and everything in between. Tried several different shaving creams. Same results.

I’ve taken to shaving only twice a week because no matter what, the picture below is the result!

What am I doing wrong??

I like to be clean cut and am in sales so I feel it’s important, but man it sucks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had the same issue, plus shaving annoys the hell out of me . For whatever reason I never feel like messing with it.

I started shaving only once a week and in the shower. I go with the grain to get the big stuff off, then I lightly go back across against the grain to get it closer. I turn the water to cold and let it run over my neck for a little while before I get out as well. It's not perfect, but it's definitely not the bloodbath it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
      Dont shave against the grain. If i shave upward on my neck, it looks like yours. Otherwise, electric razor.

[emoji667][emoji667] this. I use a $14 dollar electric on my neck 2X a week. Keep it in my center console

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I started shaving immediately after I got out of the hot shower 5 or 6 years ago. Made a huge difference for me. The razors started lasting 3-4 times longer to. It was like cutting "Butta."

Comment

Like others have said...

Shave in a HOT shower...I got a mirror that sticks to the wall and you fill it up with water to keep it from fogging. Use a pre-shave (I am a fan of Proraso products) after you almost burn yourself in the HOT water. Use a good cream or soap (again, I use green Proraso). I use Derby safety razors, but your stick has something to do with it as well. Use a good brush and get a good lather (should not be too thick). Take your time...let the blade do the work, should just glide and not pull. Don't put pressure on your skin. And as much as it sucks, get a good Alum Block to rub on your neck after the shave. Wash your face and put a good aftershave on.

I have sensitive skin and have all but eliminated my irritation issues with the above.

Check out the Badger and Blade forum...good info there.

Comment

I hate shaving.
            My recommondation is to shave in shower.
            Shaving cream I like is (Dollar Shave Club) Shave Butter, Cremo, and Shave Secret.
            They are all different and good in their own ways.

Comment

shower, the only way to go

Comment

Have you tried shaving upwards instead of downwards?

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                  Laser hair removal, just get rid of the hair.

good option. Start with eyebrow

Comment

This. I had the same issue and when I started shaving in the shower it it quit

Originally posted by BC288 View Post
                    Ever tried shaving in the shower? Take a hot shower in the mornings, shave in the shower, don't mash too hard. Other than that maybe an electric?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Rub oil into skin then use a shaving butter. Don’t use too much pressure when shaving

Comment

Good advice above. On a side note, if you are in sales in Midland I would think a couple days of whiskers would fit you right in with the masses. Guess it all depends what you are peddling!

Comment

I shave 3x's week when working. MWF. In shower, shampoo/rinse, then exfoliate with apricot scrub (St. Ives/Target Brand), rinse face, apply hydrating shave gel, finish washing body, use Gillette Pro Glide vibrating razor and I used to shave with grain but now I can shave against and no more ingrown hairs or cuts and knicks. Light pressure, just enough to remove hair and if you can add against the grain, even lighter pressure. Added about 30 seconds to my overall 5 minute shower. Hot water, steam, scrub, gel and razor all added up to fix the issue. Don't exfoliate more than 3x's week. This is a combination of article from Men's Health and trial and error.
                          Last edited by ren087; 02-23-2021, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Need to prep and soften that thing. Washing works. Also... use HAIR CONDITIONER! Works on your beard the same as the top of your head.

Comment

I have the same issue (on the little amount of Joe Dirt mocked facial hair I grow), so I use an electric trimmer. It get pretty close, but now razor close. Never any rash.

Comment

Started shaving daily for work over 15 years ago. Starting off, I had some issues with irritation, dry skin, etc.

I agree with many of the comments above. The items that worked for me -

1. Sharp razor. At least in my experience, disposable razors are ok, but don't over-use them. Use for a few sessions and dispose.

2. Moist skin - Good shave gel, hot shower, etc., all help with getting good moist skin. Even if you don't shave in the shower, applying shave gel and leaving it on your face for a couple minutes before shaving helps me a lot. I use Edge for sensitive skin. At least in my experience, higher end products didn't help me that much.

3. Shave daily or every other day if possible. Shaving a weeks worth of stubble is harder on both your face and razor.

4. Use a good after shave gel/lotion. I prefer one with alcohol. If dry skin persists, try applying a moisturizing cream once or twice a day.

Honestly, shaving daily was tough at first, however, my face/neck, just sort of got used to it. Most guys I know that have problems shaving simply don't shave very often to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                                X