No announcement yet.

Shaving irritation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shave in the shower and USE shaving cream. Massage the shaving cream on and make sure it’s the last thing you do before getting out, give your facial hair plenty of time to soften up. Switch to SCHICK HYDRO 3 razors. I’ll use the Hydro 5 if I can’t find the 3 bladed razor but since I’ve found a reliable source through Amazon I’ve stuck with the HYDRO 3. The bar across the blade makes a huge difference in the way the razor runs across the skin.
    If the combination of those two things doesn’t work, just grow a beard.
    Last edited by CaprockRoamer; 02-22-2021, 09:58 PM. Reason: Forgot a step

Comment

Originally posted by Headhunter View Post
      Get you a good high dollar electric razor. Mine did the same at the neck. Didn’t matter if I shaved with grain, against grain, in shower, hot water, cheap razor, expensive razor, lots of blades, less blades or every cream imagined. Always the same. Super sensitive at the neck. Now I use my electric razor with zero issues. No more blood and it’s silky smooth.
      This. A really good electric razor is worth its weight in gold.

Comment

Originally posted by CaprockRoamer View Post
        Shave in the shower and switch to SCHICK HYDRO 3 razors. I’ll use the Hydro 5 if I can’t find the 3 bladed razor but since I’ve found a reliable source through Amazon I’ve stuck with the HYDRO 3. The bar across the blade makes a huge difference in the way the razor runs across the skin.
        If the combination of those two things doesn’t work, just grow a beard.
        Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
        This. A really good electric razor is worth its weight in gold.
        Y'all have one you'd recommend?

Comment

Shaving in the shower is great.

If that doesn’t work for you, I recommend hot shower and good massage/scrubbing on your face especially the sensitive areas to soften it up. Then shave with or without a good shave cream.

I no longer shave my face, but am bald and shave my neck below my beard. I can empathize with the bloody neck and shirt collar stains. Hot shower and massage on that area paired with shave cream or gel has helped a ton.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Following. I have the exact same issues and nothing has every help. I gave up on shaving the neck and just trim it mostly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud Shark View Post
              You may have foliculitus. It's what I've got. I've been fighting it for almost 20 years.
              Your hairs grow curly and become ingrown due to the way they're shaped. I haven't had much of a remedy, though I've tried everything mentioned here.
              What I've found works best is not shaving, but using a beard trimmer or a hair trimmer like they use to trim your neck after a hair cut. Get's it close enough for Government work.
              If I MUST shave, I wash my face and neck thoroughly with a scrubbing pad and I user At Ease Shave Gel and put it on immediately after getting out of the shower, liberally, and let it sit for about a minute before starting to shave with a Gillette skin guard razor, then use the jack black ingrown hair solution.

If you find something that works for you, please share. I'd love to be clean shaven from time to time but dadgummit it hurts.
              Keep us posted on what you find that works.

The dream team for shower routines There's nothing quite like a good scrub to get your morning started and this ultimate scrubber set takes exfoliation and hygiene to the next level. The 100% silicone scrubbers helps remove impurities to keep your skin invigorated and clean, while their partners keep your scrubbers cle

AT Ease Hair and Skin Care Smooth Glide Shave Gel is formulated with essential oils and nourishing fatty acids that softens hair for a smooth pain-free shave. The super light formula won’t clog your blade, rinses easily, and allows you to navigate around the beard, legs, head, mustache, and sideburns. Enjoy a smooth shave with effortless glide using this soothing hydrating shave gel.   Dispense a small amount of AT Ease Smooth Glide Shave Gel onto the dampen area desired to be shaved. Glide razor over skin. Rinse with cold water for a close, smooth shave with calming hydration that soothes the skin and fight off irritation.

Read reviews and buy Gillette SkinGuard Men's Razor + 2 Razor Blade Refills at Target. Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more.

https://www.nordstrom.com/s/jack-bla...ack&color=none

[emoji1375]This. Don’t shave. I use a manscaped trimmer.

I get to...

Comment

I struggle with the same. All good advice here and I’ve done them, too. Here’s some other things to try:

Pre-Shave Oil - before and in addition to cream. Helps to protect the skin and helps the razor to glide.

Pressure is key. A lot of guys push down too hard. Use as little pressure as possible and let the blade do its job. Don’t overshave an area.

Cold compress applied immediately after shaving to soothe the skin and close the pores.

Use something like Tend Skin, BumpStopper, etc. between shaves to help heal and protect the sensitive areas.

And my personal favorite, always shave with a clean, sharp, HOT blade! For reasons similar to shaving in a hot shower (hair is softened and pores are open), heating the blade as hot as possible is my secret. I have an Insinkerator which produces nearly boiling water instantly. It’s way hotter than your typical hot water temp at a bathroom sink or in a shower. Like the old cliche, “Like a hot knife through butter.” Worst case try heating some water in the microwave or stovetop, regularly dip your blade into it and see if it doesn’t help.

Good luck and let me know if any of this works for you.

Comment

In addition to some of the things mentioned already, what helped me more than anything was getting a good high quality safety razor and buying the sharpest blades I could find. The razor is heavy enough I don’t need to push at all, just let the razor do the work. I also never shave against the grain and be mindful that the grain can change. It doesn’t all grow the same direction.

Comment

Laser hair removal, just get rid of the hair.

I had problems with ingrown hairs and shaving irritation like you and it was no fun, my wife bought it for me as a gift. I’m sure they just finished lasering some chic’s bikini area before they did me...it’s been a game changer. No more ingrown hairs and shaving is much easier. Do it while you’re young because it doesn’t work on gray hair...

And trust me, it hurts like a mofo and it takes several iterations.

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishin fool View Post
                      All right men, Help Me out!!

I’ve tried safety razors, single blades up to a 6 blade. Cheap, super expensive and everything in between. Tried several different shaving creams. Same results.

I’ve taken to shaving only twice a week because no matter what, the picture below is the result!

What am I doing wrong??

I like to be clean cut and am in sales so I feel it’s important, but man it sucks!!

I’m in sales and haven’t clean shaved since covid. I use my manscape 2.0 Monday and Wednesday when I have to have teams meetings.

I went months without shaving and wore a gaiter during the meetings until my boss called me out.

Comment

I have the same issue. Now I just use a trimmer on my neck and never pick up a razor. Trim my neck twice a week.

Comment

Too much pressure............
                          Ease off a bit, and let the razor, do the work..........

Comment

I had that problem a while back. At the time I was using a mug and brush. Come to find out my mug soap was infected with staph. Threw that mug and brush away. Started applying a thin layer of antibiotic ointment as aftershave and bought some new razors. Cleared up just fine.

Comment

Cremo shave cream stopped that on me, also not shaving against the grain

Comment

Cold water and Schick Slim Twin ST 2 Disposable Razors

Comment

Working...
                                X