Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
    This.

My son's claim went from 12K to 86K................
    yes.. mine i posted about earlier went from about 21k to 80k. It was a PITA and took about 4 months, but was worth it.

Comment

Don’t go the public adjuster or lawyer route just yet. Get with your agent. Tell your agent what your dealing with and what you expect. If he doesn’t help you then switch agents. A lot of that service is on us as homes owners when picking an agent. Most people just go with whoever saves them the most money but don’t realize who they are dealing with until it comes time when you need them in your corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_g View Post
        My claim was on 2/1, prior to all the freezing. Didn’t get a estimate from SF until 2/18. Haven’t had any contact from an adjuster. The only people from State Farm I’ve talked to are two “claim handlers”. Not sure if they are desk adjusters or what [emoji2373]

Given the mess you are in, why would you wait 2.5 weeks for an estimate? Also your agent should be engaged if you aren’t getting the answers you need in a timely manner. This has drug out and now you are fighting for people’s time with the surge of claims taking place now.

Ive been with SF for 40 years. We’ve had our share of claims over that time and everyone of them was handled to my satisfaction. That’s why I’m still with them.
        Guess I’ve been lucky after reading the responses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

State Farm Homeowners Claim- Lowballed

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          Given the mess you are in, why would you wait 2.5 weeks for an estimate? Also your agent should be engaged if you aren’t getting the answers you need in a timely manner. This has drug out and now you are fighting for people’s time with the surge of claims taking place now.

Ive been with SF for 40 years. We’ve had our share of claims over that time and everyone of them was handled to my satisfaction. That’s why I’m still with them.
          Guess I’ve been lucky after reading the responses.

This is my first claim so I didn’t know how long the process normally takes... I did all my stuff immediately, pics/videos and got 3 contractors out for quotes. Didn’t realize I had a say in how fast State Farm finishes their estimate...

Comment

Originally posted by Alderrg View Post
            yes.. mine i posted about earlier went from about 21k to 80k. It was a PITA and took about 4 months, but was worth it.
            I had something similar happen to me. They ended up paying 80% more than the original estimate and I got everything fixed as it should have been in the first place. Then the next time my coverage ran out I dropped them(they can kiss my *****) and they never had a chance to recover their losses from me by future premiums..... Doesn`t sound like a very good business model if you ask me.

But, if they didn`t get away with this type of bull *****, they wouldn`t continue to do it. If you are not shopping around every 4-5 years and switching insurances you are losing money. I ain`t married to none of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Apodz View Post
              Don’t go the public adjuster or lawyer route just yet. Get with your agent. Tell your agent what your dealing with and what you expect. If he doesn’t help you then switch agents. A lot of that service is on us as homes owners when picking an agent. Most people just go with whoever saves them the most money but don’t realize who they are dealing with until it comes time when you need them in your corner.
              Absolutely not.

Your little agent cannot handle your claim when he isn’t overloaded.

And he WILL BE OVERLOADED.

Even if he could do some good by calling into the carrier, he won’t be able to get in on the phone either.

Stop giving bad advice - some of us do this every single day and know better.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_g View Post
                This is my first claim so I didn’t know how long the process normally takes... I did all my stuff immediately, pics/videos and got 3 contractors out for quotes. Didn’t realize I had a say in how fast State Farm finishes their estimate...

You don’t but sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I’m hoping the first 15k estimate was just to get you started and then they will get things finalized with a more complete number. Best of luck with it all.

Comment

The 15k you already received could be the initial half of the claim. Something worth looking into.

Any of my large claims I have filed, they sent me a check to get the ball rolling. Once all work was completed they released the rest of the money. If something cost more, I submitted quotes for additional cost and they "eventually" got approved.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    You don’t but sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I’m hoping the first 15k estimate was just to get you started and then they will get things finalized with a more complete number. Best of luck with it all.

Or maybe they are they are hoping he will just take the lowball check and cash it and give up on getting any more money. I`ll bet it works more times than not.

If 15K was a partial payment, it should have stated that it was a partial payment instead of making you guess. You make your yearly premiums for years and never make a claim, and the one time you need them to hold their end they drop the ball(lowball).

Insurance companies are not your friends. I don`t care how long you have been doing with them or how well you may think you know your agent.

Comment

insurance companies are designed to make money not give it out, you will never get a fair shake from one up front, period!
                      talk to them first tell them you know your getting the shaft, if they don't want to take care of their obligation then, tell them the next call will be from your attorney... I had damage from hurricane rita and got the same crap from allstate.... i told the adjuster it would be cheaper to do it right the first time than pay for my lawyer fees on top of the legit claim,,, guy wrote me another check for over $15,000, that did cover the damages and some on top,,,

adjuster jobs are to limit the payment in any way possible,,, to save the company money... and that was just what mine did, he saved them a lot of money from a legit lawsuit

Comment

I used to be a CPA who worked on behalf of Insurance carriers. I switched sides and became a public adjuster. I can tell you who the bad guys are and how to handle them. PM me and I'll give you some tips.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                          Absolutely not.

Your little agent cannot handle your claim when he isn’t overloaded.

And he WILL BE OVERLOADED.

Even if he could do some good by calling into the carrier, he won’t be able to get in on the phone either.

Stop giving bad advice - some of us do this every single day and know better.

I work in the roofing industry. I do do this every single day. My father has been a State Farm agent for 31 years now and I know the difference in a good agent who will put in the work and take care of his clients or one that won’t. So if you do this every day and you are claiming it can’t happen then maybe you should spend less time on the golf course and more time taking care of your people. There are plenty of agents out there that will go to battle with you and for you. There’s also plenty of agents that don’t. That’s why I said it is on us as a home owner to pick the right agent and not just go find the cheapest rate. You still get what you pay for. My agent (my dad) still gets on the roof with adjusters, talks to claim reps daily, and understands what it means to take care of customers. So maybe your the one giving out bad advice. Find a better agent is your best first option.
                          Last edited by Apodz; 02-21-2021, 06:01 PM.

Comment

I’ve had to deal with a couple of insurance claims in the last month. Progressive was great State Farm sucked. I fought with State Farm for a couple of weeks about paying for my wife’s rental car (their client hit her). They didn’t like that parts were back ordered and wanted the shop to put my wife’s car back together and have her drive it until parts came in (was about 7 days of wait time). I’ll never even consider them for my insurance needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                              Public adjuster.

Find a good one or hire a lawyer.

It’s the only thing that State Farm understands.

Advising the policyholder to talk to their agent or the carrier is terrible advice these days

I talked to a client earlier today who was asked to sign a GENERAL RELEASE before the carrier released the payment for the mitigation vendor.

If you don’t understand the implications of that, you need counsel.
                              Disagree on talking to your agent, and I know you are in the know on this for sure, BUT I have been with an independent agent for many years, 30+ on house and vehicles and never had one problem. Never had to deal with the insurance company, always with my agent. I do probably pay more on everything, but to me that is piece of mind and so far no problems from claims on the house or vehicles!

Comment

Just wrapped up a small claim on my daughters car a month back. Had to finally call agent and threaten to remove all of my business if they did not stop trying to screw me over a 3500 claim.

Comment

Working...
                                X