Gleaton Chip Ranch Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingib View Post
    Keep in mind the MP setting on the cameras does not change the quality delivered to your app. That is only for the pics off the SD card

I had 5 coverts, and sold them all. Pic quality delivered was far inferior to my Spartans
    You may be right about the picture quality. I was eyeing the Spartan's but saw so many poor reviews especially on here. Do you have any pictures you can PM to me for comparison? I appreciate the heads up!

Comment

I'm curious to see how our blackbuck herd do with the forecast now calling for 3F on Sunday night and -1F on Monday night. Going to try to get out there and throw some hay down for them.

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
        You may be right about the picture quality. I was eyeing the Spartan's but saw so many poor reviews especially on here. Do you have any pictures you can PM to me for comparison? I appreciate the heads up!
        The pic quality is not even close. The SPartan LTE takes better pics to the APP then covert had on the SD card lol

I sold 5 Coverts. My neighbors still have 4 I have access to. But I own 8 SPartans and access to my neighbors 2.

I have had 0 issues.

$76 a year plus $36 for the app per camera.

Comment

I'm curious to see how our blackbuck herd do with the forecast now calling for 3F on Sunday night and -1F on Monday night. Going to try to get out there and throw some hay down for them.

I was literally checking the thread to ask about them with this cold snap. Any thought to leaving the protein feeders open/untimed? I’m just spitballing, but I believe eating helps keep animals warm.

Comment

Originally posted by DocHolliday View Post
            I was literally checking the thread to ask about them with this cold snap. Any thought to leaving the protein feeders open/untimed? I’m just spitballing, but I believe eating helps keep animals warm.
            Yes, we filled all protein feeders and cottonseed feeders last week. My dad is going to drive out there today to drop off 8 bales of alfalfa. Fingers crossed! We will keep the gates open to our house in case they want to try to seek refuge under the barn to stay out of the snow and wind. The good news is that I know our deer herd/blackbuck herd are very well fed and in really good shape so they should have a fighting chance.
            Last edited by bgleaton; 02-13-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Yes, we filled all protein feeders and cottonseed feeders last week. My dad is going to drive out there today to drop off 8 bales of alfalfa. Fingers crossed! We will keep the gates open to our house in case they want to try to seek refuge under the barn to stay out of the snow and wind. The good news is that I know our deer herd/blackbuck herd are very well fed and in really good shape so they should have a fighting chance.

Good deal, your animals are certainly better off than most!
              Tell your dad I said hello!

Comment

Originally posted by DocHolliday View Post
                Good deal, your animals are certainly better off than most!
                Tell your dad I said hello!
                Will do!

Comment

Our timed protein feeders were frozen shut so we had to break it free and then keep it in the OPEN position. Waiting to see some deer at the house feeder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All water troughs and the small pond is frozen.

Comment

The big pond is down about 20ft this year but it’s still about 20ft deep.

Comment

Tough times in tough country!! The place is really looking great, I hope your Black Buck make it.

Comment

They are hitting the feeders hard!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Glad to see it!!

Comment

Working...
                                X