• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome Chief! I thought it was wearing a collar at first... haha

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
      Awesome Chief! I thought it was wearing a collar at first... haha
      Yeah those big ol doe permits bother me when I put em on the ear. Didn't want it to fall off so I taped it around the neck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post
        Thanks guys! Anyone else see any good movement this week? Seems like the rut has been picking up kinda slowly.

Nothing this week but I did see a few young bucks checking does last week. I am planning on sitting all day tomorrow, hopefully things have picked up a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ChasingTail View Post
          Nothing this week but I did see a few young bucks checking does last week. I am planning on sitting all day tomorrow, hopefully things have picked up a bit.

Sat. Looks real good. I will be sitting all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good luck to you. I bet they move really good tomorrow especially with an all day sit. Good front moved in and it’s wet outside, I bet you see something. Bucks probably lost their does with rain, so they may be running harder trying to find them.

Originally posted by ChasingTail View Post

Last edited by mdoug1076; 11-07-2019, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Nice work Chief! Congrats on the doe! Hopefully one of those big bucks will show up for you! Keep at it!

[QUOTE=ChiefWhackABuck;14492179]Well, update from the other morning. I shot a doe at 28 yards. Arrow skipped off a branch on the way to her and hit her high and back, just under the backstrap about midway down the body. She took off and I figured I was gonna lose the deer, but she stops after about 35 yards and looks around like she had no clue what happened. I nock another arrow and get ready to shoot her again, and she staggers and hits the dirt. Turns out I hit her aorta and center punched the liver on the way out, so I got lucky but I'm fine with that. First deer with a bow! After she went down I stayed in the stand to see if a buck was on her tail, and sure enough a little 8 came trotting by about 5 minutes later, but he got a pass. Now I'm hoping one of my target bucks makes a mistake.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapa

Comment

Congratulations Robert . That looks like a big ole doe

Comment

Robert a big Congrats on your first bow kill! Your first of many to come, I'm sure.

Comment

S.h.n.f. 2019-2020

That’s a pretty decent looking doe.
                    Congrats on getting it done.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
                      Congratulations Robert . That looks like a big ole doe
                      Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
                      Robert a big Congrats on your first bow kill! Your first of many to come, I'm sure.
                      Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
                      That’s a pretty decent looking doe.
                      Congrats on getting it done.

[quote=mdoug1076;14493422]Nice work Chief! Congrats on the doe! Hopefully one of those big bucks will show up for you! Keep at it!

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post
                      Well, update from the other morning. I shot a doe at 28 yards. Arrow skipped off a branch on the way to her and hit her high and back, just under the backstrap about midway down the body. She took off and I figured I was gonna lose the deer, but she stops after about 35 yards and looks around like she had no clue what happened. I nock another arrow and get ready to shoot her again, and she staggers and hits the dirt. Turns out I hit her aorta and center punched the liver on the way out, so I got lucky but I'm fine with that. First deer with a bow! After she went down I stayed in the stand to see if a buck was on her tail, and sure enough a little 8 came trotting by about 5 minutes later, but he got a pass. Now I'm hoping one of my target bucks makes a mistake.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapa
                      Thanks guys, yeah she was 4.5 from what I could see looking at her teeth. And yep now I just need to fill a couple more tags. Good luck everyone, should be some good movement in the morning.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Anybody headed out tomorrow or Wednesday. Took Wednesday off for an all day sit. Stumbled upon an area 200-300 yards from my normal spot that looks to be way closer to the bucks bedding area, backs up to a thicket and 8 scrapes within a 60 yard area, 2 off them worked so hard the deer have dug them down to the trees roots. First time I’ve ever seen that. Multiple rubs around too. Y’all wish me luck

Comment

Get some! That sounds like an awesome spot!

Wish I didn't have to work tomorrow!!!!

Comment

Job well done Chief.

Comment

Great job Robert. I had to look in on the group to see how everyone is doing. I should come back in here more often. I didn’t see one question about the rules. Thank god lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X