Funny public land discoveries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    Years ago I was trailing a wounded deer way back in a big thicket and across a deep creek. I came upon a small clearing that had been recently cut. At the back of the clearing was a stage maybe 15 ft wide and 30 ft long. Built solid on cinder blocks and ply wood floor. The stage had a frame on It that looked like it once had a cutain. The center of the stage was covered in dried blood.

All that material had to be carried in there by hand. I saw their trail and walked it back to where they crossed that steep creek. It was a full mile to the nearest road in that direction. Remnants of several camp fires around the stage. Couldn't have been more than a couple days old. I we t back in there a couple years later and it was still there and the clearing was grown up like it hadn't been used again. No clue
    That is crazy! No telling what that was, some cult ritual or something. People are weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
      Found this in da middle of national forest

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
      Remnants left over from a Christmas party at the homeless camp in post #18.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        Years ago I was trailing a wounded deer way back in a big thicket and across a deep creek. I came upon a small clearing that had been recently cut. At the back of the clearing was a stage maybe 15 ft wide and 30 ft long. Built solid on cinder blocks and ply wood floor. The stage had a frame on It that looked like it once had a cutain. The center of the stage was covered in dried blood.

All that material had to be carried in there by hand. I saw their trail and walked it back to where they crossed that steep creek. It was a full mile to the nearest road in that direction. Remnants of several camp fires around the stage. Couldn't have been more than a couple days old. I we t back in there a couple years later and it was still there and the clearing was grown up like it hadn't been used again. No clue
        Wth? On a side note, glad to see you back posting
        Last edited by Backwoods101; 10-02-2019, 10:30 AM.

Comment

I "found" a body but didn't realize it at the time. Smelled something dead by the gate. Didn't smell like anything dead I had smelled before. I figured it was just road kill and went hunting. Couple days later an old man metal detecting found a hooker's body wrapped in trash bags in the ditch by the gate...
          Last edited by yotethumper; 10-02-2019, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Early 2000's were camped on top of Mt. Yonah in North Georgia on a rock climbing trip. It was getting late and we were getting tipsy. We kept hearing noises in the woods all around camp. The noises got more and more surreal, then low growls and howls circling us. None of us had the jewels to leave the fire to investigate and we circled the wagons scared as all get up. All of the sudden all hell broke loose and a group of Army Rangers in full kit and NV's broke out of the woods and into our camp. Scared the living crap out of us. They got a good laugh out of it. Once we cleaned out our shorts we sat down for a few minutes with them and shared some food. Awesome group of guys. They did ask that we not report seeing them as it could get them in trouble as part of the patrol was not to be seen. They just couldn't resist the temptation of messing with us out there. Not really a find but a cool public land thing.

Comment

Panties. With pooh in them.

I had a buddy find a "fake wiener."

Comment

I went on a ride in elk hunting trip in Montana in 2012. Rode horses 22 miles into the mountains bordering Yellowstone. Was way up on a hillside and sat down to class and the little tree I leaned up against had a small jar with a little metal handle on it and was the limb had grown through the handle. No telling how long it had been there and just odd that so far back in the woods, I would sit down next to that tree. I wish I would have gotten a picture. Here is a pic for reference on how far back there we were.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Elk.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	24593344

Comment

Took a buddy of mine duck hunting one time and he didnt own any waders. Couldnt afford a pair at the time. Luck would have it in the bank of the lake in the sand we saw a boot sticking up out of it. Dug it up and it was nice pair of waders with no holes/leaks! Boot size fit him perfect also.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
                    Panties. With pooh in them.

I had a buddy find a "fake wiener."
                    I hope you left the souvenir where you found it

Comment

I've shared this story a few times. This is 100% true.

Back about 12 years or so when I was going to A&M, I was scouting the Sam Houston Forest in August. I had parked at a locked gate and walked in about a mile or so on the road, but by this point the road was basically a narrow trail. Well, I stumbled upon a cooler sitting right in the middle of the road/trail. Medium sized Coleman cooler. There were no tire tracks or boot tracks on the entire walk in. As far as I knew I was all alone.

Well, I'm caught by surprise by this cooler. I stop and think about what the heck this cooler is doing out here 1+ mile from the main road with no sign of anyone around. Body parts from a mutilated body seemed the most likely option at this moment. I actually hollered out loud if anyone was around. No answer. I walk right up to the cooler and inspect it without opening it. I see no traces of blood on the outside, so that put me at ease a bit. But this cooler looks fresh, like it hasn't been there long. I then holler out again, this time even louder. Still no answer.

Finally, I cant stand it anymore, I have to open it and see what's inside. So I open the lid, and lo and behold, I chit you not, there is iced down Miller Lite inside the cooler! Probably about a 12 pack or so. It was hot, and I was sweating. So i grabbed a few beers and went on my way. I hollered out loud 1 last time "I grabbed a few of your beers, thanks!" Still no response.

But then I got to thinking....what if this was bait? Am I being hunted? Is that banjos I hear off in the distance? I hit the brush and made my way back to the truck a different way.

I still have no idea how a cooler loaded down with ice and beer made it that far back in with no trace of another person. So I decided there was only 1 logical conclusion: That was Bigfoot's cooler full of beer, and he likes Miller Lite!

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                        Early 2000's were camped on top of Mt. Yonah in North Georgia on a rock climbing trip. It was getting late and we were getting tipsy. We kept hearing noises in the woods all around camp. The noises got more and more surreal, then low growls and howls circling us. None of us had the jewels to leave the fire to investigate and we circled the wagons scared as all get up. All of the sudden all hell broke loose and a group of Army Rangers in full kit and NV's broke out of the woods and into our camp. Scared the living crap out of us. They got a good laugh out of it. Once we cleaned out our shorts we sat down for a few minutes with them and shared some food. Awesome group of guys. They did ask that we not report seeing them as it could get them in trouble as part of the patrol was not to be seen. They just couldn't resist the temptation of messing with us out there. Not really a find but a cool public land thing.

You left out the gangbang part... oh wait I wasn't supposed to repeat that

oops!

Comment

[quote=Radar;14405620]These was hanging at the start of a trail, I kinda figgered that meant no trespassing and went back to the truck.

[ATTACH]974575[/ATTA
                          Attached Files

Comment

Keep them coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                              You left out the gangbang part... oh wait I wasn't supposed to repeat that

oops!
                              Well, they did have guns. We didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by deerslayer94 View Post
                                Thinking back to when I was in my late teens early twenties I had a buddy who had a golden spot in the National forest way back in there. We were young and stupid so his idea to try to keep people out of that area was he hung abunch of dolls on the trees in that area to make it look creepy lol thinking back on it of course it was stupid but funny. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve come across on public land?
                                Was this any where near lake Conroe? I remember walking in and seeing a bunch of dolls hanging and I got the hell out of dodge.

Comment

Working...
                                X