No announcement yet.

Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All pending 2nd draw or not selected for the kiddos and myself on today's drawing.

Comment

No good for me, 0-20 so far this year.

Comment

Does anyone draw from the second draw

Comment

Originally posted by ORIONTHEHUNTER View Post
          Does anyone draw from the second draw
          occasionally. Only when those initially selected do not pay in time.

Comment

Daughter was drawn for I.D. Fairchild State Forest

Comment

Got drawn for Laguna in October. Super excited to try it out this year.

Comment

N.R. Archery deer teniente 1/9-1/12

Comment

If you go hunting with a camera, you can hunt anytime-anywhere.

Comment

daughter was selected for the Albert and Bessie Kronkosky - Gun deer either sex hunt in december
                    i drew and e-post card for Big Lake Bottom archery October 11-20

Comment

When do they do the rifle drawings ?

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                        daughter was selected for the Albert and Bessie Kronkosky - Gun deer either sex hunt in december
                        i drew and e-post card for Big Lake Bottom archery October 11-20
                        My son hunted ABK last year. It is a beautiful property and the hosts are fantastic! We tent camped and really enjoyed it. The UTV rides to/from the stands are an adventure.

Some of the stands are better than others. First morning we hunted a stand on a very small opening. Only about 40 yards across and 60 yards long with no activity. That evening we hunted on the back of the property in a valley between two mountains. Lots of open area and we saw a bunch of turkey, and two doe, but he rushed his shot and missed the deer. The final morning we hunted on top of a ridge, saw a fox, but nothing to shoot.

They talk of seeing some exotics, but no one in our hunt group did. Two other kids killed does.

Best of luck to y'all!

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                          My son hunted ABK last year. It is a beautiful property and the hosts are fantastic! We tent camped and really enjoyed it. The UTV rides to/from the stands are an adventure.

Some of the stands are better than others. First morning we hunted a stand on a very small opening. Only about 40 yards across and 60 yards long with no activity. That evening we hunted on the back of the property in a valley between two mountains. Lots of open area and we saw a bunch of turkey, and two doe, but he rushed his shot and missed the deer. The final morning we hunted on top of a ridge, saw a fox, but nothing to shoot.

They talk of seeing some exotics, but no one in our hunt group did. Two other kids killed does.

Best of luck to y'all!
                          thanks for the info, looks like beautiful country with potential to shoot something big. do they allow you to bring corn and bait up?
                          did they bring you to the blind?

Comment

thanks for the info, looks like beautiful country with potential to shoot something big. do they allow you to bring corn and bait up?
                            did they bring you to the blind?
                            We were there on a TYHP hunt and they took us to and from the blinds. Some of the blinds are fairly remote and the some of the roads are extremely rugged.

They had feeders running for the youth hunters so we didnt have to bring any corn. I think you can bring corn though. I'd do something a little extra to entice the animals to stop by. Vanilla or some scented corn might not be a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                              We were there on a TYHP hunt and they took us to and from the blinds. Some of the blinds are fairly remote and the some of the roads are extremely rugged.

They had feeders running for the youth hunters so we didnt have to bring any corn. I think you can bring corn though. I'd do something a little extra to entice the animals to stop by. Vanilla or some scented corn might not be a bad idea.
                              thats right, now i remember reading this:
                              This hunt is managed by the Texas Youth Hunt program (TYHP). Winners will need to create an online account with TYHP. Once drawing occurs, TPWD will send the win list to TYHP. TYHP will then contact the winners with further details. If people want more information about TYHP call 1-800-460-5494 or visit www.TYHP.org

i'll need to go create an account wth tyhp, i've heard those folks do a great job with the hunts

Comment

thats right, now i remember reading this:
                                This hunt is managed by the Texas Youth Hunt program (TYHP). Winners will need to create an online account with TYHP. Once drawing occurs, TPWD will send the win list to TYHP. TYHP will then contact the winners with further details. If people want more information about TYHP call 1-800-460-5494 or visit www.TYHP.org

i'll need to go create an account wth tyhp, i've heard those folks do a great job with the hunts
                                Prior to the hunt, he will need to complete hunters education if he has not already.

Comment

Working...
                                X