Spine selection help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
    Here’s what I’m getting. Couldn’t figure out how to account for the different limbs so you could be a tad faster.
    Thanks Stoof. I'm surprised it maintained that much speed but is a little on the stiff side. I might end up going to 125 gr point to see if it brings the stiffness down which would put me at 545 gr TAW. I plan on installing new strings soon and will test the speed to compare against program prediction.

I originally was shooting the Axis 340's with standard HIT insert and 100gr head with 3 fletch. But when i switched from shooting 60# to 72# i noticed i was really underspined. I may try to shorten the length on those arrows or get some 300's or 260's because i really liked how durable and accurate the Axis were.

Comment

I bought a new Mathews Vertix and the bow shop convinced me to switch to Axis 400's from the Axis 340's I had on hand. Of course I've shot both at the range and I think the stiffer 340's shoot better. I notice some porpoising with the 400's. Setup is 57# draw, 28.5 draw length, 100 grain points. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by treestand View Post
        I bought a new Mathews Vertix and the bow shop convinced me to switch to Axis 400's from the Axis 340's I had on hand. Of course I've shot both at the range and I think the stiffer 340's shoot better. I notice some porpoising with the 400's. Setup is 57# draw, 28.5 draw length, 100 grain points. Thoughts?

The 340’s will show stiff. That’s not always a bad thing.

Comment

Spine selection help

I’d like to hear from the dudes that know. Surprised they haven’t chimed in more. I mostly use this program to get ballpark cut marks and play around from there. I’ve also never chronoed anything to see how the algorithm actually stacks up. Just learning as I go.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
            I’d like to hear from the dudes that know. Surprised they haven’t chimed in more. I mostly use this program to get ballpark cut marks and play around from there. I’ve also never chronoed anything to see how the algorithm actually stacks up. Just learning as I go.
            I put 125 gr points on today and shot them against two arrows with 100gr and no wrap, so the difference was 545 gr TAW vs 514 gr TAW. The grouping was a bit tighter with the heavier setup and roughly shot about 3" lower around the 40-50 yd mark.

I just ordered new strings this afternoon and will try to shoot through the chronograph once i get it setup and paper tuned. Pretty sure i'm tearing slight right as it sits just based on looking at the target but not worth messing with it until i replace strings.

Comment

Working...
            X