No announcement yet.

Taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Dad told me years ago to just be glad I made enough to pay some tax!

Comment

I think you may benefit from finding a better tax person to do your taxes. I’m not arguing the fact that a bigger return means you paid to much in, but a good tax person knows where to get you credits that you otherwise miss. I have paid a few hundred each year for a professional tax service and they usually end up saving me a few thousand in the long run.

Comment

You nailed it. If we break even or pay a little i call it a win!
        Originally posted by Charles View Post
        If you want more of a refund have more deducted from your pay check each pay period. I don't recommend this as you will be giving Uncle Sam a free loan.

You pretty much nailed it if you got $29 back.

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
          Ask a simple question. Get a bunch of dik wad respones? SMH

MERICA
          Relying on a hunting message board to answer complex tax issues with multiple variables is not a "simple question". SMH

Grab a tax book, read and educate yourself. That's the problem with people today... not will to do the work yourself.... MERICA

Comment

I paid an extra $2300 last year due to self employment taxes. Good news is Trump got that adjusted so hopefully this year it will be better.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
              Let me make sure I understand:

you make $100,000/yr

you are able to pay cash for your childs college

you had the government withhold almost EXACTLY the amount of money that they needed to (which kept a maximum amount of money in your pocket each month throughout the year without having to pay anything else additionally to them at the end of year)

AND YOU ARE UPSET ABOUT IT?

Do you realize how BLESSED you are?
              He's not a kid working at Home depot. He and his wife are career people who serve the citizens of their community and have earned where they are. No not everyone makes that much in combined income but that doesn't mean any of us want to pay out any more than we have to.

Gary

Comment

Dumpster fire

Comment

Working...
                X