Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Are Your Thoughts About “Doe Days”?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of the people with new ranchettes don't like this deal and if it doesn't go through that's one of the reasons why. Too many deer for carrying capacity is not a good thing either...

Comment

If more people would join the co-op and do a little bit of work, like surveys, more does would be killed. I am a Colorado County co-op and get doe tags from the state. I could still hunt does now if I wanted. I have been told that if I needed more tags, the biologist could come out and issue more if justified.

Hopefully the 24 hour reporting will keep the killing to a minimum.

Comment

Join a coop. Do your deer survey and get doe tags. That's the way it needs to be done. All areas do not have the same doe numbers but small small place with meat hunters will hammer them.

Comment

Wish they would stop.Where we own land in Brown county we don't see many deer period.

Comment

First of all, you guy that have "too many" does on your place just give me a call. Have bow will travel.
            I can see this working in certain areas but my fear is that too many deer will be taken. You'd almost have to go area by area not county by county.It's been a loooong time since I was on a lease that actually had too many deer on it. Nice problem to have .

Comment

Originally posted by whakm View Post
              First of all, you guy that have "too many" does on your place just give me a call. Have bow will travel.
              I can see this working in certain areas but my fear is that too many deer will be taken. You'd almost have to go area by area not county by county.It's been a loooong time since I was on a lease that actually had too many deer on it. Nice problem to have .
              Agreed. I'd like to see them let kids shoot one and I'd like to see them manage it through permits.

Where can we comment on this to TPWD?

Comment

That would be great if it were the kids shooting, but that’s very seldom the case. I agree to the area to area. My area does not have enough to take the extra does.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                  Join a coop. Do your deer survey and get doe tags. That's the way it needs to be done. All areas do not have the same doe numbers but small small place with meat hunters will hammer them.
                  Not everyone's situation is the same. I own 3 small small places. All are bordered by large nonhunting properties. The last thing I want to do is involve some coop in the middle of my business. I've had 26 does at the feeder at one time. How many tags would they allow for that 13 acres? Sharing info with some coop would result in everybody and their uncle horning in on me in less than one season. I'll just keep letting whoever I want meat hunt whatever I think the property will support and the laws will allow.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
                    Agreed. I'd like to see them let kids shoot one and I'd like to see them manage it through permits.

Where can we comment on this to TPWD?
                    Post #59 has a link and there is a list of the public scoping meetings for public comment. If the meeting has already passed for your area they will bd taking public comment online sometime after the March tpwd commission meeting before the hunting rules changes are ratified in the summer.

Comment

Working...
                    X