Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice on boat for one trip on trailer that is not registered.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on boat for one trip on trailer that is not registered.

I need to pull a boat about 2 hours distance, trailer is not currently registered. What is the easiest and best solution? Not looking to get a ticket..... have never really worried it in the past but the driving the truck to the shop thread earlier has me thinking a little harder about it.

Could have phrased the title a little better..... lol sorry
    Last edited by em12; 02-11-2019, 10:43 PM.

You can get a one way tag that’s good for a day or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Drive it and hope you don’t get a ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by lost cajun View Post
        You can get a one way tag that’s good for a day or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I was looking at the one trip tags but it specifically says not good for boat trailer with a boat on it....

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
          Drive it and hope you don’t get a ticket.
          This is what I usually do..... but at the cost of the ticket just not sure that it’s worth it.... especially seeing as I’ll go through 7 small towns.... several of which of course have a cop sitting at the city limits

Comment

Originally posted by em12 View Post
            I need to pull a boat about 2 hours distance, trailer is not currently registered. What is the easiest and best solution? Not looking to get a ticket..... have never really worried it in the past but the driving the truck to the shop thread earlier has me thinking a little harder about it.

Have the boat (and trailer...if applicable) sales reciept. Make sure trailer lights work. Just drive. Some minor...safe...civil disobedience...aint gonna hurt no one. Just plan and budget on getting a ticket and when you do...you wont be surprised. Dont draw attention by driving too fast or too slow.

Done it in urban north Austin. I was aight. Youll be aight.
            Last edited by Briar Friar; 02-11-2019, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Does it have an expired plate already? I'd drag it but then again my trailer tags are usually always a year expired

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

I can’t recommend a course of action but I can tell you that I inadvertently towed my boat regularly for a year and a half before realizing I never got a renewal notice for my trailer registration. I had to go in person to the Williamson cty tax office and settle things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

If u have a utility trlr tag, put it on there and go. I do this all the time.

Comment

I've pull my boat all over without tags on the trailer never been pulled over. Now they are current I just keep them in the toolbox because I had them stolen one time.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
                      If u have a utility trlr tag, put it on there and go. I do this all the time.
                      ^^^ this........or borrow a friend's trailer tag.

Comment

Do you have another trailer with a current tag?

Comment

My other trailers have farm tags..... I had thought about that but wasn’t sure how it would play.

Comment

My other trailers have farm tags..... I had thought about that but wasn’t sure how it would play.
                            Don't get caught. I wouldn't want to make crap up on that if you do get pulled over. I would rather risk the tags that are on there before I went that route.

Comment

I'll go out on a limb and suggest getting the tags current would be the easiest and best solution.

Comment

Working...
                              X