single shot rifle help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by geezer56 View Post
    I have Encores, NEF's, and CVA's. Encore will beat you to death. The nef is now limited to the used market only. The Henry is nice, but triggers need work to be usable on most of them. The cva is cheap, reliable, and has a good trigger out of the box. I have a blackout, a 35 rem. and a whelen in the cva, and my son just bought a 6.5 man bun. All shoot accurately too.
    What all stocks have you used? I had a thumb hole and a walnut pistol grip and was thoroughly abused haha. Have you tried the pro hunter flexy stock? If so did it change anything?

Comment

The main hangup I have with the TCA is for a few bucks more you can have a Ruger One

Henry trigger and hammer pull has to be experienced to believe it can be that bad

Comment

Is the TC extra lightweight or something? It’s interesting that it would be more of a punisher in the same caliber than others.

I looked at the Henry a lot and they look great. I’m glad I read this before buying one though. I wonder how easy a trigger job and spring change are.

My main appeal on the TC is that though it’s not too far off in price- range from a No. 1, you can add unlimited calibers for another $200-250. With a No. 1 you just have to buy another No. 1.

That being said, I’ve wanted a No. 1 since I bought my first gun 10 years ago.

Comment

I have a CVA Scout II in .35 Whelen. It's a stainless model with a fluted and factory threaded brake. CVA originally used Bergara barrels for their center fire rifles and are now part of Bergara. My .35 Whelen can consistently shoot 1/2" to 3/4" groups which I think is awesome for the caliber. I do reload but shot a first box of Federal Premium and they were definitely within 3/4" to 1".
          Last edited by dbaio1; 02-10-2019, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
            Is the TC extra lightweight or something? It’s interesting that it would be more of a punisher in the same caliber than others.

I looked at the Henry a lot and they look great. I’m glad I read this before buying one though. I wonder how easy a trigger job and spring change are.

My main appeal on the TC is that though it’s not too far off in price- range from a No. 1, you can add unlimited calibers for another $200-250. With a No. 1 you just have to buy another No. 1.

I’m pretty sure it’s in the stock design on the TC. I had a thumb hole stock and a walnut and they both kicked. I never had a flexy stock though.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post

The Henry is the easiest of all single shots in my opinion for a DIY job. They put in inner and outer spring for the hammer, remove the inner and its a whole nuther animal. I don’t know if this was a legal thing or not.

Comment

I am not a shooter, per se. I’ve never had the steady access to places to shoot to get better, really. All that being said, I had a CVA Scout in 7-08 that made one big hole at 100 yds with a Tasco World Class scope. Amazingly accurate and very cost efficient.

Comment

CVA Stalker
                  NEF

Comment

I've got a Browning 1885 Falling Block in 7 mag. It's not stainless and its not light at all, but I love hunting with it. It's been a safe queen for several years now, but I take it out and shoot it just to make sure it's still sighted in.

Comment

Working...
                    X