This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrmilom1990 View Post
    I love this thread! It keeps me on move to go hunting. Night vision scope play an important role to get your target down. As a beginner, I read a lot of reviews in order to know that I am in the right track. Can somebody suggest (based on experience) what should I pick in this source that I found: https://gunnewsdaily.com/best-night-...for-the-money/. Rest assured that everything will be hight appreciated.

Thanks
    I checked that link out and those scopes are very outdated, most of them are out of production now. I'd be glad to make some suggestions but I'm not sure what your price range is. I wouldn't rely on that link though because it's old information.

- Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post

No sir that doesn't seem normal. I've sold an absolute ton of Apexes, with a whole lot of them going up north to guys hunting in super cold weather. They all end up with a battery pack but I haven't heard them talk about much less than hour. One thing to note, if it's the cold zapping the batteries, it's the cold...not the scope. What brand 123A batteries are you using? I've done a bunch of research and read all the scientific test results and Panasonic always comes out on top but they are silly expensive. Energizer and Duracel are a close 2nd and they lead the rest of the pack by far. I'd consider a Streamlight or a Surefire but I've have mixed results with them the last few times I used them. I'd really suggest sticking to Engergizer or Duracell.

I've got the Pulsar EPS3i battery packs for $129 and they should run the scope for 6-8 hours. I have several customers hunting up north in sub-zero temps telling me they are getting 4-6 hours out of the EPS3i even in those temps. Two guys told me they've been out when their iPhones won't even power on because of the cold but they were shooting coyotes with the Apex. They're more dedicated than me.lol

- Jason
      Using energizer 123 batteries. So I use my Apex as a spotter too, will the battery pack get in the way when it comes to taking the scope on and off?

Comment

Just want to thank Jason again. My Photon RT showed up last week and it's every bit as awesome as he said it'd be. I had the XT model a while back and this one is definitely an improvement. Can't wait to kill some stuff with it!

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
          Using energizer 123 batteries. So I use my Apex as a spotter too, will the battery pack get in the way when it comes to taking the scope on and off?
          It won't get in the way because the EPS3i will mount to the picatinny rail on the left side of the scope. But it's going to add about 3.5"x3"x1" of bulk and about 8oz of weight. That's going to be the real decision maker, do you want the extra bulk and weight on it while using it as a handheld? I'm not sure it's ideal but I can tell you if I was going through a set of 123A's in less than hour I don't think I'd have a choice. That's a lot of batteries!

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
            Just want to thank Jason again. My Photon RT showed up last week and it's every bit as awesome as he said it'd be. I had the XT model a while back and this one is definitely an improvement. Can't wait to kill some stuff with it!
            Awesome man, so glad you like it! I can honestly say the RT "S" series (has to be the S) has the brightest build-in IR illuminator on any digital NV scope I've ever seen. It's legit. Glad you're enjoying it.

Jason

Comment

Biggest Bobcat to date.
              Getting this guy mounted.
              https://youtu.be/-MgKbx9v-tg

Comment

I just had a thought why don't the manufactures make the control buttons out of glow in the dark material so you can see where they are in the dark?

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
                  I just had a thought why don't the manufactures make the control buttons out of glow in the dark material so you can see where they are in the dark?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the Sightmark Photon XT 6.5x50s and the Sightmark Photon RT 6-12x50 and I love them both I am partial towards the RT because of the extra features and handles better with the Streamlight IR Flashlight I put on the side. I also like having the extra battery pack so I can switch it quickly in the field.

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
                      Not sure if serious.

Comment

I'm serious, my flir handheld the function buttons are lit and my pulsar are 3 black buttons on a black scope with the power button right next to the function buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by ZachW View Post
                          I have the Sightmark Photon XT 6.5x50s and the Sightmark Photon RT 6-12x50 and I love them both I am partial towards the RT because of the extra features and handles better with the Streamlight IR Flashlight I put on the side. I also like having the extra battery pack so I can switch it quickly in the field.
                          Buy a thermal and you will sell those ASAP

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                            I checked that link out and those scopes are very outdated, most of them are out of production now. I'd be glad to make some suggestions but I'm not sure what your price range is. I wouldn't rely on that link though because it's old information.

- Jason
                            Thanks bro! I really appreciate this.

Comment

Sweet thread! I got the pulsar N355 NV scope. Nothing but good things. I love being able to positive ID things so easily. Now I am looking for a thermal scanner. Best of both worlds.

Comment

Came in downwind as planned. 80 yards facing me.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X