X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck sir!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottFW View Post
      Right there with you. I'm the same age and have tempted fate for too long. It's time to be done with it. I'm starting with mostly dipping Smoky Mountain and mixing in Copenhagen when I can't stand it. Not sure I could go cold turkey. A friend of mine said his doc gave him some anti-depressants so I may look into that as well.

Wellbutrin is an anti-depressant that is supposed to control the urges to dip. I tried it about 7-8 years ago and it didn’t do anything for me.

Im now 3ish years snuff free and I don’t think I could’ve made it without Smoky Mountain. Its 100% tobacco free and totally took the place of Copenhagen for me. Slowly but surely I just lost the urge all together. I still buy a can of S.M from time to time when Im at HEB (the only place Ive found it locally) but I may go weeks without it and then when I have a can it may last 2 weeks.

Comment

This redman golden blend has a hold of me as well! Good thread and motivation.

Comment

I dipped for many years and got to the point that I no longer needed a spit cup. I continued that way till I got acid reflux. Doctor told me it was time to quit, so I picked up pouch tobacco. That continued for another year till I watched a man I know get his jaw bone and half of his cheek removed for cancer. He told me it started out as a small white patch on the inside of his cheek.

Comment

HEB and Smokey Mountain will be your best friend. I stopped after 30 years no problem you got this!

Comment

Just ordered the Smokey Mountain stuff. 3 free cans...just pay shipping.

Comment

Once your mind is aligned it is done. January 10th is 3 years for me after 20. It can be done

Comment

I literally just took my dip out after reading all the post. I've been dipping for over 35 yrs. I'm going try and quit. My first stop Tomorrow was supposed to go buy me another roll. instead I'll get a couple cans of smoaky mountain. Wish me luck as well. Thanks for the post.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                    I dipped for many years and got to the point that I no longer needed a spit cup. I continued that way till I got acid reflux. Doctor told me it was time to quit, so I picked up pouch tobacco. That continued for another year till I watched a man I know get his jaw bone and half of his cheek removed for cancer. He told me it started out as a small white patch on the inside of his cheek.
                    That’s wierd. I just started pouches about 3 months ago and started getting the acid reflux. Was never an issue with long cut. Been looking at the Smokey mountain snuff After reading this thread gonna give it a go. Thanks for posting OP. Sounds like you are committed to stopping you got this!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                      Just ordered the Smokey Mountain stuff. 3 free cans...just pay shipping.
                      Where is this?

Comment

Biggest help for the “oral fixation “ was those cinnamon disk and butter scotch candies. First 2 months I burned through them. Then I filled my time with staying busy. Driving and sitting made me want it out of boredom.... that’s where the weight gain from eating will kick in.

Find your reason for quitting and make it priority and just quit. If you stumble and fail get back on track asap and try again

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
                          Where is this?
                          I went to their website. Googled Smokey Mountain Snuff.

For adult tobacco chewers seeking the best smokeless tobacco alternative to move away from traditional dips, Smokey Mountain Snuff offers an innovative and high-quality solution that is 100% tobacco free and nicotine free.

Comment

Ha, thanks bud I didn’t see it when I looked the first time. Three cans on the way.

Comment

Hey man, y’all need to try BLACK BUFFALO original. I dipped for a bit in college and wanted to get off of it, I did. I still get the craving hunting or driving.

BLACK BUFFALO is the closest thing to Copenhagen I’ve found and I’ve literally tried every fake dip out there. It packs and spits really good and has pharmaceutical grade nicotine in it.

Black Buffalo is the world's only smokeless chewing tobacco alternative that delivers the same experience as traditional dip pouches and long cut. Learn More.

Comment

I essentially "quit" with smokey mountain wintergreen. I quit real snuff about 3 years ago. I have been on smokey mountain since. Over the last year, I used less and less of it. Almost down to 1 dip a day. I would have to remind myself to put a dip in. Been almost a month now with no smokey mountain. Chew a lot of gum. I still "crave", especially now talking about it. Still have a couple cigars on the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X