Big 8-Pt in San Antonio Paper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has someone posted the pic of the big (158 3/8 B&C) 8 pt out of Davy Crockett NF?

Don't know who the guy is, but since it was in the SA paper, figured he wouldn't mind--

Last edited by dustoffer; 11-21-2020, 02:06 PM.

Yes, that one has been posted up a few times. Nice buck. I was wondering where it was killed. The previous posts, just said east Texas public land.

Comment

Cant believe he slipped by a couple of TBHers, lol. I wish the guy wasnt holding him with out-stretched arms because that is an amazing deer.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        Cant believe he slipped by a couple of TBHers, lol. I wish the guy wasnt holding him with out-stretched arms because that is an amazing deer.
        I know right. 159” clean 8, you don’t have to do nothing to show that beast off. Lol

Comment

Nice 8 if he would have had longer arms he would have scored 170

Comment

No deer in East Tx. That’s a typo. Move along

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
              I know right. 159” clean 8, you don’t have to do nothing to show that beast off. Lol
              Regrettably i had the same 1st impression. I deaux my best to have positive reactions but that was my 1st thought.....sigh![emoji18]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw that on Texas Buck Registry. He probably won’t ever top that deer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

nice

Comment

A couple of more pics...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I know the guy that shot the deer.

He and a few buddy’s went to DC to get away for a weekend. It was a hot afternoon when he shot it the deer. He had gotten too hot in his ground blind so he moved out of it and to a tree down a ways. And that buck stepped out.

They were hunting somewhere around Groveton. No pics of the deer, no prior encounters. Just right place right time.

The deer only had 3” of deductions on either side I believe so very symmetrical. Cant ask for a more perfect deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by futureagg; 11-22-2020, 10:11 AM.

Comment

I do love big slick 8-pointers for sure, and this is the best I've seen.

Comment

Working...
                        X