No announcement yet.

Pig bait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the pigs still safe to eat after consuming diesel?

Comment

Put diesel on corn. Nothing beats it but hogs.

Step further for shooting them. Get a 2 foot wide piece of carpet. Wrap it around a tree trunk or telephone pole about hog high and nail it to it. Spray down with diesel and the hogs will come a rubbin! Chootem.

Comment

Easiest is soured corn. Soak it in water until you cannot stand the smell!

Comment

I sour corn in a bucket with a cup of milk You won't wanna get it on you though!

Comment

I like to save all the peanut oil after frying Thanksgiving turkeys.
            I soak the corn in the oil for a week or so and then bait with it.
            I’ve trapped hogs before just resetting the door and they dig up the oil soaked ground.
            I have an 8’ round trap with a top and haven’t had any issues with deer being interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Use almond milk. My secret hog bait recipe. Does not stink and sour so there is no mess, the hogs, especially young hogs tear it up and the deer don't often eat it. Sometimes they will but not if they have other options.
              I don't like using diesel and don't really want soured nasty corn in my truck all the time.

Comment

If I really want to bait in hogs I soak corn in Big Red for about a week. They go nuts over it.

Comment

Working...
                X