2020/2021 east texas hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
    They are working over scrapes like crazy the last week or two in SE Texas.
    Yeah....I found 4 new ones down an old logging road..dumped a bag of corn, hung a woodsey and got out of there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
      Good afternoon all, this will be my first year on a lease out near Lake Fork. I’ve done some googling but want opinions from the green screen. Best meat processor in the area? Best Taxidermist?

I was thinking Alexander’s for the meat, and People’s taxidermy for the mount.

Thoughts?

I haven’t heard of either. I’m just north of Fork. I like Wallace Processing. Only downside is he uses butcher paper. No vacuum sealing. But I like the service and have nothing but good experiences.

I hear Andrews Taxidermy near Commerce is good but haven’t used him. My taxidermist doesn’t do much anymore. Only for folks he knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
        Good afternoon all, this will be my first year on a lease out near Lake Fork. I’ve done some googling but want opinions from the green screen. Best meat processor in the area? Best Taxidermist?

I was thinking Alexander’s for the meat, and People’s taxidermy for the mount.

Thoughts?
        I've used Hopkins county meat locker in sulphur springs for a few years and they've always done me right and delivered a good product. Unfortunately I havent had much use for a taxi but I did have an axis made in to some pillows. I called josh at peoples taxidermy and although he wasnt able to do it he pointed me in the right direction and got me taken care of. Anytime I've had a question I dont hesitate to call him and he always gives me an answer.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
          [ATTACH]1021267[/ATTACH]
          Me and Split May finally have a long awaited meeting come Saturday morning

Pulling for you man. Great deer!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Good luck to y'all ET brothers n sisters this year!! I haven't even gotten to get any of my stands/feeders ready yet in East Texas... Still have the place, but also have a place in South Texas that I've been dedicating my time to getting ready to hunt... Got some good 'uns coming in regular down there so here's hopin'... Still want to get my river bottom stuff here at home going too tho...
            Definitely, good luck to you all. Looking forward to seeing all your pics and hopefully have some of my own.

I am heading out today for one more hand corn drop and then wait.... Or maybe try to get some pork to mix with my venison for sausage. The weather is just too good to pass up.

J

Comment

Man these big boys just have a 6th sense my two target bucks have either ghosted or become sporadic on days one pops up at best over the past week. Crazy how they go from daylight am/pm to either vanishing or hit or miss every year. Smart smart creatures

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                Man these big boys just have a 6th sense my two target bucks have either ghosted or become sporadic on days one pops up at best over the past week. Crazy how they go from daylight am/pm to either vanishing or hit or miss every year. Smart smart creatures

Never fails man! I would love to get a chance to hunt starting Sept.15 while they are still on that late summer pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

Yep, the "6th sense" in the animal world is just as real as TDS is for Liberals!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anthonysince94 View Post
                    I've used Hopkins county meat locker in sulphur springs for a few years and they've always done me right and delivered a good product. Unfortunately I havent had much use for a taxi but I did have an axis made in to some pillows. I called josh at peoples taxidermy and although he wasnt able to do it he pointed me in the right direction and got me taken care of. Anytime I've had a question I dont hesitate to call him and he always gives me an answer.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                    Awesome! Hey thank you so much. I probably won’t need a Taxidermist either. The bucks the last few years are clearly smarter than me.

Comment

All the big ones I have been getting pics of for months have left. I was getting several pics of each day and night. Both really nice. One with a big drop tine. Both tens.

Lots of 2.5 and 3.5 year-olds have now moved in.

Comment

Just got to my lease and seeing the same thing with the older ones not showing up, but several younger ones now showing on camera.

J

Comment

My target is on 2 cameras every day and a third camera where I hoped he WASNT bedding once.... I think I’m still good there. Had him @ 6 yards from stand Monday at last light! Very nice 8 that I’m wanting my daughter to hunt is still on pattern too.

Have to go to throckmorton this weekend to plant plots for some friends. If wind is good Monday I may go after him

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
                            [ATTACH]1021267[/ATTACH]

Me and Split May finally have a long awaited meeting come Saturday morning
                            Oh yea, that is a pig of a deer. Get em!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Target buck showed up hour after dark tonight been gone a few days [emoji1374]

Comment

Anybody NOT going this weekend? My lease is a few weeks away from good deer movement picking up and I don't want to burn out my stands before it gets good (learned that the hard way last year). Think I may just go Saturday evening and sit in a stand that's covered with pigs. Might even bring a green light.

Comment

Working...
                                X