Old Mexico 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
    That Ranger is low on fuel dont remember that light being crooked either!
    Cowboy said your Ranger is full and something about he has a license to drive...

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
      Score Update 179 5/8 LF Typical

[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Shane do you have any history of him?

Comment

Kinda a crazy story.... the deer's name was Bulletproof. My boy Lee gave him this name after I actually made a perfect shot on him last year with my 25-06 ( shoulder shot ) and he lived . He had a perfect mark where the bullet hit. ( Dead center shoulder )
          I'm not sure if it wasn't (the bullet) loaded correctly with enough powder from the factory or what but I'm glad he lived. I saw him 2 weeks later after he was shot living a normal life and chasing does so I decided just like in the bull fighting world he deserved to live.
          He was a 6/7 year old low 50s 24 inch wide deer last year.
          This spring we immediately started getting pictures of Bulletproof and by June you could already tell he was going to be something special. He ate every night out of 2 different feeders and dominated them. He loved that LnE.
          By October I knew he was a giant but in all reality I had no clue he was as big as he was. I was thinking low 60s. ( Anything over 160 is a giant to me )
          I immediately started hunting the deer opening week with not having any pictures of him in over 2 weeks. It wasn't that big of a deal because he'd been Houdini more than once in the past. But obviously in the back of your mind you wonder if he's Puma dinner.
          We also have an outstanding relationship with our LF neighbors so I knew they hadn't shot him.
          I hunted him 8 days straight to no avail and no pictures, left for home and returned 3 days later to Zancudo to guide some hunters out of New York. Once they were shot out I immediately returned to our ranch chasing Bulletproof. Once I got there and checked the cards I was relieved to see a couple of pictures of him eating at the feeder, but no daylight pictures. In fact I hadn't had a daylight picture of him in 3 months. He liked to eat at 3 am.
          I hunted him hard another 7 days and was planning on leaving the next day. It was one of those mornings when the alarm clock goes off you just want to sleep in. But I knew if I slept in he'd be chasing my does . Immediately upon sunrise I knew it was a special morning, believe I had 10 to 12 bucks out and more and more kept coming. But they were all my usuals.
          About 7:30 I noticed a large bodied deer 75 years behind my feeder just staring at a couple of does. He wouldn't come in, threw my swaros up and saw the right main beam of Bulletproof. I almost fell out my dam chair, never in my life have I seen a deer that looked like that on the hoof...
          Binos went down, .300 came up... wasn't a tough shot but had to squeeze it through the brush in an opening and he fell less then 5 feet from where he was shot.
          Walking up to a deer like that is surreal, absolutely a moment etched in my mind forever. I thanked the man above for letting me take one of his giants and called my father to help me load him. It was an epic day to say the least.
          We had a pretty good party that night, with several of our neighboring ranch members dropping by also.
          Originally posted by ethic1 View Post
          Awesome! Story???

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Mexico; 12-08-2018, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Awesome!!!!

Comment

Congrats. Beautiful buck

Comment

Awesome work

Comment

Can't believe you didn't use the 25-06 again

Comment

180 " 10 point typical is a toad of a deer, I have one that looks a lot like that one but he is only 14 inches shy , congrats on a fine buck !

Comment

Originally posted by marlin man View Post
                      Can't believe you didn't use the 25-06 again
                      LMAO... man crazy part is I slammed a huge hog with it the day before. He drops, coyote comes out stands on the hog like look what I found... so I slam him also. Both DRT. Next day I shoot the deer exact same set up... he lives .

I said heck with it this year I'm taking my 300 , had to be a bad bullet or something. I have no clue.

Comment

Great story and deer,congrats

Comment

BBD Saturday morning. Can’t get pics to load

Comment

BBD Saturday morning. Can’t get pics to load

Comment

If u want you can text them to me and I will post them for you. 325-372-144nine

Comment

In for pics

Comment

Working...
                                X