No announcement yet.

Suppressor Purchase in N. DFW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had great luck with DFW Shooting Sports in Bedford. SilencerShop kiosk.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
      Current form 3 times are pretty fast. If the distributor has them in stock, then you’re dealer can have that can in hand in 5-7 days. So roughly a week added currently IF the van is in inventory at distributor. If not, then it’s who knows how long.
      Silencer shop had my last 2 in stock and it took a month for them to get them to the dealer. They are currently at 6-7 weeks. But I am talking about Silencershop strictly. The ATF Form 3 takes a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
        Silencer shop had my last 2 in stock and it took a month for them to get them to the dealer. They are currently at 6-7 weeks. But I am talking about Silencershop strictly. The ATF Form 3 takes a little bit.
        Yes I’m aware. I’ve ran 3 form 3s in the last 60 days. All have been approved in less than 4 days. I’ve been a part of an SOT for 4+ years, and have many good buddies that are. Also work for Dead Air on occasion. Form 3 times vary greatly at times, but currently they’re fast. I’ve had them take as long as 90 days in the past.

I’ve seen many shops forget to file the F3, and then tell the customer they’re still waiting on it to be approved. I’ve also seen them be approved and just forget to ship the can or notify the customer. Just because you waited a month doesn’t mean that’s how long the approval took.
        Last edited by TX03RUBI; 12-07-2018, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Yes I’m aware. I’ve ran 3 form 3s in the last 60 days. All have been approved in less than 4 days. I’ve been a part of an SOT for 4+ years, and have many good buddies that are. Also work for Dead Air on occasion. Form 3 times vary greatly at times, but currently they’re fast. I’ve had them take as long as 90 days in the past.
          Not trying to argue, but I talked with Silencer shop yesterday and they told me 6-7 weeks, they have 1800 dealers. So, I am assuming their's take a little longer. My last 2 suppressors took a month each to be transferred. Not a pro in it, just what I was told by them. More than likely he will find one at a shop he likes. Just giving him a heads up, in case he had to order one.

Comment

I didn’t mean to come across as brash if I did. I have seen SS get special treatment on occasion, but it’s usually for the better. I’d be surprised to see them slower than the rest, but it’s the ATF we’re talking about. Nothing makes sense with them haha

Comment

All good man, you didnt hurt my feelings. But, dealing with them in the past is a headache. Anything as you know sucks when dealing with ATF, Form 3's, or 4's.

Comment

Best Pawn in Sherman has a bunch of new Sig cans at good pricing. Call Jeff and he will give you the run down!

Comment

Ally Outfitters in Richardson. Even if you don’t buy from them go check them out. You won’t regret it. I work for a very well suppressor company on occasion, and get to make my rounds to every big shop in TX as well as hang out with everyone in the industry. AO is the most impressive shop out there IMO, and will be even more impressive when the new building is complete next year.

X2 I went to school with Calvin and their storefront is extremely impressive. The knowledge all of their have staff as well is untouchable in the DFW area

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                    X2 I went to school with Calvin and their storefront is extremely impressive. The knowledge all of their have staff as well is untouchable in the DFW area
                    We have Asian Night in Vegas each year with Calvin, Boeh, James, and a few others. It usually ends up in way too much whiskey being consumed

Comment

Ally Outfitters in Richardson. Even if you don’t buy from them go check them out. You won’t regret it. I work for a very well suppressor company on occasion, and get to make my rounds to every big shop in TX as well as hang out with everyone in the industry. AO is the most impressive shop out there IMO, and will be even more impressive when the new building is complete next year.

They’re doing the Allen gun show this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bought my 3 from Shark Precision in Plano. David is a great Cancer survivor and one heck of a suppressor builder.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotney View Post
                          They’re doing the Allen gun show this weekend

Yes they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotney View Post
                            Bought my 3 from Shark Precision in Plano. David is a great Cancer survivor and one heck of a suppressor builder.

I’ve never bought from David, but back in 2011-2012 time frame David spent a good 30+ minutes of his time helping me out and letting me try a few of his cans. He was very helpful, and I wouldn’t hesitate to do business with him. I was already committed to other platforms at the time is the only reason I didn’t use him.

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                              Where is the recommended place to go to purchase?

I'll be first to admit I am ignorant on the process. So, I sort of need a place that can provide the support getting all the paperwork filed correctly, as well as sell the suppressor.

Grab a gun in Coppell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ordered mine from Wiley’s gun shop in Willspoint east of Dallas last Friday and expect to hear from them in a week or so from what they said.

Comment

Working...
                                X