Ezekiel Elliott blasts NFL after fine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    There are many former players still alive from when the NFL wasn't as lucrative as it is now.....and most made league minimum. I have no problems whatsoever with it.

That being said...the fine for using a prop in this instance is petty as hell
    My thought exactly. Have a friend that played for the Cowboys during the ice bowl time period. He can barley walk and made little to nothing. His son has fought the NFL for years and they are finally helping the older guys.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      "We make a lot, but we spend a lot."
      I remember that one - too funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        There are many former players still alive from when the NFL wasn't as lucrative as it is now.....and most made league minimum. I have no problems whatsoever with it.

That being said...the fine for using a prop in this instance is petty as hell
        Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
        My thought exactly. Have a friend that played for the Cowboys during the ice bowl time period. He can barley walk and made little to nothing. His son has fought the NFL for years and they are finally helping the older guys.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
        Okay that makes sense and I am for that! Also glad your friend is finally getting the help he deserves.

Comment

wow, i'm not a cowboys fan. but, that is GDed ridiculous to fine him.

Comment

I watch VERY little NFL and your right many former players made little money. They chose to to do it as would nearly any man in America givin the chance. I dont have a problem with money from fines going to those former players,however, it seems fining a player for making a donation to a charity seems a bit on the ridiculous side of the spectrum.
            Adding to a long list o reasons why I am not going to watch.

Comment

Only reason he was fined is because it was a Salvation Army Kettle and not the United Way.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                Only reason he was fined is because it was a Salvation Army Kettle and not the United Way.

Exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by DFA View Post
                  I would like to see the NFL donate the $13,000 to the Salvation Army
                  this! ..... heck yeah !!!! Hating these guys more and more, love football but they really put a sour taste into it.

Comment

Pure chicken S*&@

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      "We make a lot, but we spend a lot."
                      Ha! That was Patrick Ewing back in the day...awesome quote! Never forget it (and nether will Jim Rome)!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

NFL can suck it they have been doing dumb stuff for too long . The kettle deal so what its funny the spot light goes n the kettle they make major donations to it .

Comment

I’m curious as to what league minimum was. I’m sure there are a lot of people that work minimum wage jobs or jobs that don’t pay enough for the stress on their bodies, but at the end of the day it is their choice.

Comment

Adding to the ridiculous aspect of the episode is the fact that the NFL apparently allowed the presence of the Salvation Army kettle on the field -- therefore showing an endorsement of the organization -- yet draws this ludicrous line over Zeke showing his support of that endorsement. Truly -- and sadly -- ironic.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                              Adding to the ridiculous aspect of the episode is the fact that the NFL apparently allowed the presence of the Salvation Army kettle on the field -- therefore showing an endorsement of the organization -- yet draws this ludicrous line over Zeke showing his support of that endorsement. Truly -- and sadly -- ironic.
                              Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
                                I’m curious as to what league minimum was. I’m sure there are a lot of people that work minimum wage jobs or jobs that don’t pay enough for the stress on their bodies, but at the end of the day it is their choice.
                                Probably close to 500k

Comment

Working...
                                X