No announcement yet.

Best Cellular Trail Cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spartan! I have covert also. Opinions will differ.

Comment

Snyper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just started running a Spartan in August and it’s been good. Only issues I’ve had were operator error.

Comment

Have 2 Snyper and had issues at first but have them worked out and the cameras take pretty good pics and I like the app to view the photos. I just bought a Covert and will be setting it this weekend. I like the add a camera feature.

Comment

Covert for me! Been running them for years. Customer service is worth a lot in my book...and they are good at it!!

Comment

Originally posted by wheels View Post
              Spartan! I have covert also. Opinions will differ.
              Spartan here too. Have 3 and love em

Comment

Still have a 4 yr old covert going strong.

Comment

I have several of both Covert and Spartan and no complaints on either.

With the Spartan, purchase a Covert solar panel and use it with a 6 volt battery. You will also need to use regular AA batteries in the camera. The Spartan operates off of whichever battery source is strongest but the initial boot up must come from the AA batteries in the camera. The regular pics from the spartan are better than those come the Covert. But the HD pics from both are excellent.

As Fishndude said, Covert customer service is excellent, especially with the online chat when you need support. I’ve been running their cameras for 6 years and couldn’t ask for a company to do a better job standing behind their product. Solar panel and AA rechargeables and you are good to go. The new 2018 LTE camera in Verizon was on eBay a few days ago for about $280 from American legacy fishing. Natchez also had them at that price several weeks ago.

Comment

Spypoint was junk customer service sucked. I like my covert but doesn’t catch everything

Comment

I have run Coverts for several years amd they are absolute workhorses. My only complaints picture quality via text is decent at best and I know they randomly miss stuff. Including me going in to adjust the camera angle etc;..I also got several false triggers in the heat of summer every day.

I bought a Snyper with its own solar charger battery 16 months ago and the batteries have never dropped off full. The detection range is incredible. Text pictures are way better than my Coverts and I get zero false triggers. I also feel like it doesnt miss much.

Comment

Originally posted by Archery1st View Post
                        I have run Coverts for several years amd they are absolute workhorses. My only complaints picture quality via text is decent at best and I know they randomly miss stuff. Including me going in to adjust the camera angle etc;..I also got several false triggers in the heat of summer every day.

I bought a Snyper with its own solar charger battery 16 months ago and the batteries have never dropped off full. The detection range is incredible. Text pictures are way better than my Coverts and I get zero false triggers. I also feel like it doesnt miss much.
                        Which model snyper ?

Comment

^

Comment

Im looking for 1 for a hogtrap as well.

Comment

I have a covert and a spypoint I got when someone posted about the deal they had on them here. They are different to set up but it’s not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                                Which model snyper ?
                                Commander 4G is their newest with dual 7db gain antennas. I have marginal signal but this works pretty good for me with ATT service basically unlimited for about $10 a month.

Comment

Working...
                                X