Danner Snake boots vs Chips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danner Snake boots vs Chips?

Only worn round toe Chips. I want to try the Moc toe style. Cant find a 13EE any where in the Chips. I found the Danner ones in my size. Never worn any Danners.
    Any recommendations for the Danners. They are actually cheaper than the Chips.
    Attached Files

I’ve had a pair of those for 6-7 years. They are well made and very comfortable. Maybe it’s the moc toe but I think they are somewhat wider and have a bigger toe box than the Chips. (I have a high instep and had a hard time getting my foot into the Chips.) If you have big calves the Danners will work well. I have skinny bird legs and have to cinch down the strap at the top

Comment

He doesnt have any bird legs. I like chips but I dont think you can go wrong with either. Chips make a variety of styles including one that has a zipper up the back that helps with getting on and off.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        He doesnt have any bird legs. I like chips but I dont think you can go wrong with either. Chips make a variety of styles including one that has a zipper up the back that helps with getting on and off.
        I ve looked at the zipper ones too. Cant find them in 13 EE either. I have sexy well developed legs sir

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
          I ve looked at the zipper ones too. Cant find them in 13 EE either. I have sexy well developed legs sir
          That is the size my buddy wore that had the zipper back. Maybe he ordered them? That was several years ago.

Comment

i reallllllly like those danners.. ive never seen that style

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              I’ve had a pair of those for 6-7 years. They are well made and very comfortable. Maybe it’s the moc toe but I think they are somewhat wider and have a bigger toe box than the Chips. (I have a high instep and had a hard time getting my foot into the Chips.) If you have big calves the Danners will work well. I have skinny bird legs and have to cinch down the strap at the top
              I have well developed calves so thats good to know.
              Thanks Jerp

Comment

I wear these Justin Stampeede Snake boots. They have a zipper on the inside that makes foe easy on and off. They are very comfortable and wear great. I have big calves also and no issue there. I wear a 12ee and they make them in your size.
                Got mine at the Justin boot outlet in FT. Worth.

Comment

I have two pair of Danners. Jackal and pronghorn, which are now 9/10 years old and still in great shape. Both are 17” lace ups. The jackals are the most comfortable boot I’ve worn and I thought the pronghorns were at first. You won’t be disappointed with those boots.

Comment

Hey Big Daddy get the Danners.

Comment

I have the danners you have posted in the same size and by far the most comfortable snake boot I have worn. I ended up selling my Chips and Cabela snake boots and kept these. I wear them sun up to sun down while at the lease. You will not be disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
                        Hey Big Daddy get the Danners.
                        Bama approved..gotta be good

Comment

Originally posted by drwilliams View Post
                          I have the danners you have posted in the same size and by far the most comfortable snake boot I have worn. I ended up selling my Chips and Cabela snake boots and kept these. I wear them sun up to sun down while at the lease. You will not be disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          There I have it. SOLD!

Comment

Check Amazon for those Danners. I just bought a pair a couple weeks ago for $223. Haven’t had a chance to wear them yet but have a buddy that says they’re the most comfortable snake boot he has tried.

Comment

I have the same Danners and they are by far the most comfortable boot I've owned. Wear them every minute at the lease. Summer or winter doesn't matter. Always comfortable.

Comment

Working...
                              X