No announcement yet.

Any Grayson or Cooke county reports??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're starting to get more active during the day. From my buddies house that lives on our hunting property we saw two mature bucks about sundown, one we call Droopy and the other we call Animal. I still think it will be at least another week before we start hunting hard.

Comment

Originally posted by bcmuzzy View Post
      Anyone hunting this morning?
      I'm in. Beautiful morning, just no deer so far.

Comment

My pictures dropped off after opening weekend too. Acorns are falling. Coyotes in the area. Neighbors cows crossed over to our place, but have been gathered back up. A couple of the mid range bucks showed back up on cam for the 1st time since opening, Friday last week nocturnal. Backing out for a while until I see movement again. Hopefully the home range does stick around a few more weeks to bring the boys back.

Comment

Any other Grayson or Cooke county hunters?

Comment

I haven't really had too many reasons to stay away from my hill country lease for the last few years, but it looks like it may be time for that to change. Same seven deer have been showing up at my dad's place for several months. However, we now have a new buck showing up that may just make me take a trip up there to see in person. He has been hitting it hard for the last two weeks every morning. If he is as good as my dad says, he may get two or more weekends of my time.

Comment

Had some decent bucks before season. Then tons of hogs started coming in, so many I put hog panels around two of my feeders last month. Deer still haven't come back yet.

Comment

All I saw yesterday evening was a doe and two fawns. They walked right over top of my hand corn and ran back into the acorn fest behind my stand. I know I'm in the right spot. Just have to catch those bucks doing the same thing those three deer did in daylight. They are definitely eating a ton of acorns.

Comment

Wishing I had some acorns on my property... about to have to rake out the old corn.

Comment

Abandoning the corn for Acorns

I have decided to slip in one afternoon this week and scout for a tree dropping acorns along the creek on my place back through the cedars where there is a hardwood transition zone and in a funnel area and set up a stand or ground blind. I'm not going to throw any corn but may dump a pile of Big&J on a well used trail. I'm supposed to be smarter than a deer. Ha!. I used to hunt old school and not over a feeder in my younger days. I think I can still be successful. Got to get back in the thick stuff. I think I will limit it to evening only so I can move slow going in so I don't spook anything. It just might work. Time for a change of tactic and scenery. Staring at a corn pile isn't doing it for me lately.

Comment

Any Grayson or Cooke county reports??

Originally posted by Savage Coyote View Post
                      Wishing I had some acorns on my property... about to have to rake out the old corn.

There was a time last year when I had corn growing under my feeder, LOL

Comment

Coons and squirrels are are sucking my corn up.

Comment

Lots of rain

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
                            There was a time last year when I had corn growing under my feeder, LOL
                            I had that happen last year too during the "disappearance" haha. Thanks for bringing back the bad memories

Comment

Any reports so far??

Comment

Still nothing, still early though.

Comment

Working...
                                X