No announcement yet.

Fiberglass tank blind build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what all the noise is about. Haha LOL No problem I live two doors away. Stand looks good set up to hunt. I see you working on #2

Comment

Originally posted by poppy1 View Post
      That's what all the noise is about. Haha LOL No problem I live two doors away. Stand looks good set up to hunt. I see you working on #2

Man I thought maybe someone had bought that truck with the sticker on it! Yes sir, working on my son's now. Giving him a hard time because he learned from a few mistakes on mine so his is going to be better. Oh well isn't that what we do as parents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
        Man I thought maybe someone had bought that truck with the sticker on it! Yes sir, working on my son's now. Giving him a hard time because he learned from a few mistakes on mine so his is going to be better. Oh well isn't that what we do as parents.

Hurry up and post the mistakes so I don't make them

Comment

I love mine, and bet you will too. I ended up adding a vent to the roof. Not as much for when I'm hunting, but more for when I'm not. It's sealed up really good and was sweating bad inside and getting musty smelling. The vent helped a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Killem all View Post
            Hurry up and post the mistakes so I don't make them
            Nothing major. 1st I was worried that it would be to tall and stick out to bad in west Texas with no trees to tuck it into. So I cut some off the bottom. Really wish I would have left it tall. On advantage to that would being able to lower the Deerveiw windows down a little and use the bump outs on the tank as a drip edge above the window. I'll post pictures of his when we get the windows installed. 2nd - I didn't carpet the floor till after I had it all bolted in. His we cut the floor and then laid the carpet on it and cut it perfectly to the floor. 3rd I didn't mark the floor and the side of the tank in relationship with where I wanted my door and windows. All pretty minor things, we just like giving each other a hard time, He shoots a Bear and I shoot a Mathews. As smooth as his Bear is I would NEVER admit that to him, LOL

Comment

great looking blind and setup

Comment

What tore that cactus up? It looks like it's in a pile.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Man that's nice! You could make some money selling those things.

Comment

Originally posted by sotol View Post
                    What tore that cactus up? It looks like it's in a pile.

We tore it up when we set up the protein feeder.

Comment

Comment

Comment

You did a great job on the blind. Some memories will be made there.

Comment

Originally posted by sotol View Post
                            https://youtu.be/FgomXcn8qCc

That is pretty interesting. It lead me to googling it. seems the heart is high in carbs and moisture. Guess that is why the deer were eating it. Guess I'll invest in a pick ax!

Comment

That is pretty interesting. It lead me to googling it. seems the heart is high in carbs and moisture. Guess that is why the deer were eating it. Guess I'll invest in a pick ax!
                              Lots of bandaids too.

Comment

Got Tyler's blind up today. Sure is fun to see your kids hard work come full circle and the grin on their face when done. It was hot as heck but everything went great.

I sure do like these things. I sat in mine a couple of times this weekend. No pigs but lots of deer. The blind really holds in your sound. I started moving around just to see what I could get away with. Deer never flinched.

Comment

Working...
                                X