• Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my favorite threads of the year.

Tuned in and following along.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Here we go!!
      I'll be hunting my local spots in South Texas and the Hill Country during March/April. Then in May I'll be spending 3 weeks chasing after them in Nebraska, South Dakota and Wyoming.
      Good luck to all.

Comment

Hoping for a great season this year, can’t wait to get out in the woods! I drew Muse WMA this year, so I’ll get an opportunity for a Rio this year, mid April needs to hurry up. As usual, we’ll be working hard for an Eastern too. The man child is itching to fill a tag, and will shoot the first legal bird we get a chance at. I’m still vying for a big Eastern long beard, hope the stars align.

Good luck everyone!

Comment

In! Taking my daughter my daughter youth weekend to try and get her first bird, we are North zone though so we have a few weeks to go. Good luck to you and your little girl this weekend, we will be pulling for her.

Comment

Not sure if it’s just this spot but I’ve seen several mature gobblers with little beards lately.

Both of these fellas are sporting solid spurs but beards are just a few inches.

Comment

Will be following along... Good luck to you and your daughter this weekend Clay!

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                A
                While it has been picking up lately, the birds seem to have been impacted by the winter storm and are running behind. I just recently started seeing/hearing gobblers. Heck…a few of our honey holes are birdless With the nice weather, I expect things to get back on track here pretty quick!
                If I remember correctly you said last year was a slow start as well. Birds just weren't gobbling.

I'll be headed to New Mexico and hunting the Texas as well.

Anyone have any suggestions on seasons that run to the end of May? I know colorado does. I may be able to do another hunt mid to late May.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                  If I remember correctly you said last year was a slow start as well. Birds just weren't gobbling.

I'll be headed to New Mexico and hunting the Texas as well.

Anyone have any suggestions on seasons that run to the end of May? I know colorado does. I may be able to do another hunt mid to late May.
                  Yep...I read through my notes from last year. It was definitely a weird year. Looking back, it wasn't that they were late as much as sporadic. They were hit and miss most of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
                    Let's do this!

I haven't done a lick of scouting or knocked the dust off my yelpers yet. DSD army is ready for action though. The gobbling I heard at the end of duck season in Medina county was bananas and means most of the jake cartel from last year lived. Hopefully they survived the ice storm. Got enough birds around some of the other places I hunt to keep things interesting anyways.
                    Nice shots

Should have ran an arrow through one or 2 of em

Comment

JFT Turkey Tour 2021

Looking forward to it.....
                      Last edited by MASTERS; 03-09-2021, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Heard some early gobbles and saw a few starting to puff up and strut around last Saturday in Medina county so hopefully the weather cooperates and my oldest will get a shot at one this year. It will be his first turn on the gun this year. He did good in practice with the .410 so we will see how it plays out. It’s a lot of fun not knowing who’s more excited, me or him!
                        Attached Files

Comment

JFT Turkey Tour 2021

I’m pretty mad at them this year! My little honey hole is looking very promising just south of San Antonio. Have a few other hunts lined up. Come on March 20

Comment

Good luck! Just picked up a new property for this year, excited to see how it turns out. Headed up this weekend for youth and then to the new place next weekend for the opener.

Comment

Clay. Did you put in for Iowa?

I am seeing more birds this year despite a cold winter. We must have had a good hatch last spring. The Coyote hunters have been doing a good job in this area also.

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                                Nice shots

Should have ran an arrow through one or 2 of em
                                I video what I can when I'm hunting but typically don't bring out the big camera until all my tags are filled. They were all already filled when those pics were taken

My second Kansas bird was laying about 10 yards out of the camera frame on those Eastern pics. They would go back and forth from flogging the dead bird to beating or standing on that jake decoy. They did it for over an hour. Fun hunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X