Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FART XVIII...A Look Back At A Good One....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Legacy continues...
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Congrats on the speedgoat. Thanks for taking us along for the ride, once again.

Comment

My apologies. Been a busy few weeks. FART was one of those trips I've followed on the green screen as far back as I can remember. When I got the invite I quickly jumped at the chance. I've driven through New Mexico many a times but only admired the scenery from behind a windshield. Even seen a few goats as I passed through a few times. This was the first time to put boots on the ground with a tag in my pocket.
        Attached Files

Comment

Rock pics from the ranch tour
          Attached Files

Comment

Dewayne and Ben scouting from the windmill. I made it about 2/3 the way up and figured I'd best support via pics.
            Attached Files

Comment

I didn't get any pics but the majority of my seat time was spent in the air conditioned Tahoe which the Zac and Ben had recently added to the hunting fleet. We saw bucks each and everyday. We made a few stalks the first two days but ended up holding off. Being a rookie I leaned on Ben's expertise when sizing them up at these distances.

Can't really make it out but we got to about 200ish of one laid down on this fence line.
              Attached Files

Comment

I was lucky enough to get on a nice one the last day. Long story short I didn't make the greatest 1st shot and hit him a little high. He dropped at the shot but ended up getting back up and headed directly away from us. We were able to get back on him briefly at 250ish yards only to have him run out another several hundred yards. We finally saw him crest a distant hill which had a cross fence. Come to find out these things aren't much for crossing fences. With hopes he'd hit the fence and run parallel we took off up the hill. Sure enough when we got to top there he was @ 325. Didn't have the best of shot angles but was able to make it work.
                Attached Files

Comment

It was amazing how far this buck traveled. My first shot was high but the exit wound was the size of a baseball. These critters really are tough.

I can't thank the crew enough for the invite and Ben for sticking with me. Really cool place with some really cool folks. Appreciate it and won't forget it!

Comment

Congrats on the awesome speed goats. Man those pics bring back some of my favorite hunting memories from the past. Glad to see the tradition carry on. Having the honor to of step foot on this ranch for a few years is still something I tell my kiddo's about.

Matt congrats on the new ranch record!!!!!

Comment

Heck of a nice goat Trey!

Comment

Anyone have a better pic of the prongs on Trey's lope? That pic doesn't do them justice...

Comment

Another angle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice goats Dalebert!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Y'all seriously raised the bar on 'lopes this year. Well done, men.

And, well done on carrying on this amazing hunt!
                              Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Man that sure is some awesome country up thataway

Comment

Working...
                                X