• Show
Clear All

Turkey at Sam Houston

Anyone going?

Originally posted by mossman500 View Post
    Anyone going?

Im prolly gonna try it during the week after opening day

Comment

i may be going out there opening day to try my luck...

Comment

Good luck...maybe see ya'll out there.

Comment

I'll be out there...

Comment

Is there a good number of birds out there? Im going out there blind, i've heard that theres alot of birds from some people and others that say they are far and few between.

Comment

ive heard the same thing....I too am going out there blind as well....looks like ill be runnin and gunnin a whole lot...

Comment

Yup, driven alot of back roads.

Comment

I tried it at SHNF for a couple of years without luck. I stopped by the Forest Sevice office on 1325 a few weeks ago and talked to the lady at the desk and one of the Forest Service workers. They haven't seen turkey in the forest in years. They did not stick around long after they were stocked. They said there is one guy who comes in with a nice gobbler every year from the Sam and that is it. Apparently he has found a small pocket of birds and he is keeping that secret to himself. I've never seen turkeys or sign and I've been hunting SHNF for 7 years. I'll be heading northeast to Davy Crockett and Angelina.

Comment

I also never seen a turkey in SHNF.

Comment

Birds are few and far between in this area. We have a few on our deer lease, but not many.

Comment

Have hunted Sam hard for 4 years and have yet to hear, see or find any sign from a turkey.

Comment

maybe i need to rethink my opening day spot....cant chase turkeys if there aren't any..

Comment

They may be far and few between, but i'm going to find one of those suckers.... Im always up for a challenge.

Comment

Working...
                            X