No announcement yet.

28 gauge ammo....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been having some luck on shotgun shells at Academy and Cabela’s. 12ga. And both have had .28ga. I need about 6-8 boxs of lead 20ga. Academy has a limit on box’s no more than 10 boxs.

Comment

28 gauge has been the only thing period on the shelf from October-February around here. Starting to get some of the other stuff back a little at a time recently.

Comment

My Academy by the house now has 3 cases of 28g 3/4oz. I went ahead and bought my 10 limit. Still looking for 1 oz. though. Super X or RIO game load.

Comment

Academy in McKinney had full shelves of all kinds of 28 gauge a couple weeks ago. No 12 or 20 to speak of though.

Comment

28 ga is the only thing on the shelves where I live right now. That will definitely change but the last couple of times I have been at my local stores, that was the only thing available.

Comment

Don't know about where you are at, but around here the Wal-Marts, pretty consistently have 28 ga. Federal ammo. I went in our local store today, they had probably eight boxes, maybe upwards of twelve. For the first time in a long time, they more than one choice of 12 ga. ammo. They have only had the 100 round boxes of Winchester ammo. Today, I found quite a few of the 100 round Winchester boxes, then a couple of the Estate brand 100 round boxes and then quite a few individual Winchester 25 round boxes.

The Federal 28 ga. is almost always on the shelf, at most of the stores I go to. The 12 ga., you got to be there on the right days. 20 ga, 16 ga. or 410, forget it, I have not see any in a long time at Wal-Mart. For quite a while there, it was pretty much a guaranteed thing, that they would have Remington Express Long Range 6 shot 16 ga. ammo, and some stores had the cheaper Remington 16 ga. 7 1/2 shot ammo. I want to say the last time I saw any 16 ga., was last summer. Back then, I don't remember seeing any 28 ga. ammo.

Comment

I’ve found 28ga regularly around dfw. Picked us a few cases in last few months. It can be found but mostly 2 boxes at a time. Few places had it online a few months back, check ammo seek for a up to date list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They had a lot of 28 ga at the Academy in Wichita falls the other day!

Comment

Baytown and Beaumont academy. 28 gauge most always in stock.

Comment

The Academys up here just restocked them.

What Im really looking for are RIO Game Loads in 1oz. #7.5

Very hard to find. I picked up a case of Winchester AA 3/4oz yesterday. So I have plenty of the 3/4oz now. Just would love to find some heavier loads for dove season. Loved RIO's Texas Heavys for my 12g.

Comment

28 gauge ammo....

Originally posted by Sinkey View Post

Very hard to find. I picked up a case of Winchester AA 3/4oz yesterday. So I have plenty of the 3/4oz now. Just would love to find some heavier loads for dove season. Loved RIO's Texas Heavys for my 12g.

Academy stopped carrying the Rios in sub gauges a few years ago. Clearanced them off in May of 2019. I bought 7-8 flats/cases of 20 ga at like $4.75/box. Haven’t seen them since.
                        Last edited by Smart; 05-15-2021, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinkey View Post

What’s the benefit of 1oz loads for a 28ga over just shooting a 20ga at that point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

GUNBOT.NET has RIO 1oz. 7.5 in stock $105.00 a flat

Comment

I stopped looking in Academy for ammo but when all shelves were bare a month ago there were tons of 28ga

Comment

Sink,
                                Native Outdoors in Royse City near Rockwall has federal 28ga heavy 1 oz #7.5 in stock. Pretty cool place with lots of hunting gear

https://www.nativeoutdoors.com/ammun...p=stock_status[7]#.YKxAp1NOmDY

Comment

Working...
                                X