28 gauge ammo....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

28 gauge ammo....

Was trying to start stocking up before dove season. Im I the only one having problems finding ammo for the 28? I know there are some shortages, but dang!

Just you. I actually was contemplating picking one up late last year as 28 gauge was everywhere, in West Texas anyway. I could find 28 gauge every time I went into any Academy, Cabelas etc...

Comment

When I've been looking for my 20 gauge shotgun ammo, 28 gauge was all I was able to find for a period of time. 12 is starting to come around but 20 gauge is still obsolete. Folks bought it all up like pistol and rifle ammo. Hopefully they start getting more out for the summer clay and fall bird seasons. I know one thing. 12 and 20 has climbed up $2 a box at Academy when you can find it....

Comment

I’ve had good luck with both Academy and Cabelas finding 28.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
          Just you. I actually was contemplating picking one up late last year as 28 gauge was everywhere, in West Texas anyway. I could find 28 gauge every time I went into any Academy, Cabelas etc...
          Exactly what I have been contemplating as well. If a Walmart in my area has shotgun ammo, it is almost always 28 gauge.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinkey View Post
            Was trying to start stocking up before dove season. Im I the only one having problems finding ammo for the 28? I know there are some shortages, but dang!
            Camping World here in Katy had about 200 boxes on a shelf last week. That was all they had to cover the shelves.

Comment

Bass pro in San Antonio had a whole flat of it. I bought several boxes. $17 each though.

Comment

I was in Bass Pro last night and Academy the other day. And they have NOTHING, and I mean nothing! not just 28, but shotgun shells in general. Sounds like South and West Texas are pretty stocked.

Comment

You could swing a dead cat where I live and not hit a single box of 28 gauge. Been this way for a while.

Comment

Lots of 28ga at academy in Bastrop a couple weeks ago.
                    I even called my brother n ask if he still had his 28ga

Comment

I see 28 gauge in Walmarts (Cleveland, New Caney) all the time. Usually the only thing on the shelf

Comment

So I also shoot 28g and here’s what I’ve found. Academy always has it but you’re going to pay up, $11-$13 a box it seems. SOME Walmart’s get it often, I picked up 2 boxes at mine in Stephenville yesterday for like $9.40 a box. It’s hard for me to spend $130 + tax for a flat of it when I know I can get it for $100 a flat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
                          So I also shoot 28g and here’s what I’ve found. Academy always has it but you’re going to pay up, $11-$13 a box it seems. SOME Walmart’s get it often, I picked up 2 boxes at mine in Stephenville yesterday for like $9.40 a box. It’s hard for me to spend $130 + tax for a flat of it when I know I can get it for $100 a flat.

Are you mainly finding 3/4 oz.? Im looking for 1 oz.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinkey View Post
                            Are you mainly finding 3/4 oz.? Im looking for 1 oz.

I haven’t even been paying attention to that really. I bought a flat last week and I think they’re 1oz, I’ve been looking for 1200 9 shot cause I shoot skeet with them but it’s mainly 1300fps stuff I’m finding.

Comment

Just left academy Katy. 28 gage everywhere

Comment

Working...
                              X