Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minute of basketball lmao

Originally posted by Rswan13 View Post
    I’ll put this out there for perspective. My wife doesn’t like shooting my XD or XDS, both 9mm. She always said they were too snappy and she doesn’t like the recoil. We were recently comparing those to her dad’s Sig 365 and I think I found her problem. The grip on the Sig was not as deep and she didn’t have to reach for the trigger. When she gripped the XDS, she had to roll her strong hand way forward to reach the trigger, which caused her to have a really poor grip overall. Comparing the two guns side by side didn’t seem like much of a size difference, but it was definitely enough to have an effect. So if she hasn’t already, try to have her put her hands on a bunch of different models, and that may narrow down some of your choices.
    I think this absolutely contributes to the problem of her not liking the triggers.

Glocks 43x and 42 definitely made the list and a few of the Sig's.

Comment

Originally posted by Rswan13 View Post
      I’ll put this out there for perspective. My wife doesn’t like shooting my XD or XDS, both 9mm. She always said they were too snappy and she doesn’t like the recoil. We were recently comparing those to her dad’s Sig 365 and I think I found her problem. The grip on the Sig was not as deep and she didn’t have to reach for the trigger. When she gripped the XDS, she had to roll her strong hand way forward to reach the trigger, which caused her to have a really poor grip overall. Comparing the two guns side by side didn’t seem like much of a size difference, but it was definitely enough to have an effect. So if she hasn’t already, try to have her put her hands on a bunch of different models, and that may narrow down some of your choices.

This is YUGE!

Comment

My wife is petite and like your wife, seems to have trouble with the slide on most of my pistols. The M&P Shield is what she picked out. She loves it and shoots it very well.

Comment

A Luger p08 would be cool

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
            Sig p365X or P365XL, both are 12 + 1 and you can add a red dot to either
            This...

The Glock 43x and 48 with shield mags are good options as well, but I carry my 365XL over my 48 about 90% of the time.
            Last edited by Raider4044; 05-10-2021, 10:00 PM.

Comment

I’m a huge Sig P365 fan but if she’s shy of these “snappy” micros see if you can find a Walther CCP 9mm for her to fondle. A little larger pistol with incredible ergonomics. Not huge capacity at 8+1 and it’s heavier...thus less recoil. It’s actually advertised as a “SOFTCOIL”, with a gas-delayed blowback system that directs the pressure from the fired round through a small port in the barrel in front of the chamber to slow down and delay the rearward motion of the slide.
              My daughter carries a Walther PK380 but will probably move to the CCP with a little more clout at some point. Great triggers, well balanced with just awesome ergonomics all the way around IMO.
              I’d highly recommend at least adding it to the list to check out.

Edit: sorry I see now it’s actually already on your short list!!!
              Last edited by RascalArms; 05-10-2021, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                Edit: sorry I see now it’s actually already on your short list!!!
                No problem there, the feedback on list items is also appreciated.

Comment

My wife and I carry the Taurus PT111 G2, the one before they came out with the G2C. they are great guns, 12+1. Her sister picked out the 709 as you also have listed on your list. It is an ok gun for a single stack 7+1. I would stick with the PT111 and not the 709 in my opinion. I don't carry the +1, but have 12 rounds at my disposal vs the 7 or 8 in the 709.

Comment

Any thoughts on a good "retention holster" for the class doing drills and such?

Comment

By the end of my career I carried MP9 on duty and off duty MP9c (compact) and MP Shield, but....

I have shot them all, carried Glocks and SW on duty, shot xD’s, HK VP9 and others and taught firearms at the a academy for 30 years.... getting to try almost every popular gun on the market. Then bought (after I tried it out) a Sig P320, not the micro P365. In my opinion, it has the best out of the box trigger of any striker fired pistol. It comes in all kinds of sizes and colors and a one pin disassemble and you can swap the guts for another frame. I got the full size X-Carry and for $185 I can change it to a compact in about 30 seconds.

I wasn’t about to change over all of my holsters and gear that late in the game but seriously considered it.

Comment

Next time you make it down this way, give me a heads up.

I could let her shoot the wife’s G42 (380), Taurus G2C (9mm), or a Glock 23 with a 19 barrel.

Comment

My wife had a Shield in 9mm and was fine with it until she shot the 365. She loves it. She stole it from me and so I had to go use my stimulus money on a 365xl for myself. In my opinion, the 147gr HP 9mm aren’t as snappy and sound really good through a hearing protection muzzle device. We both use Raven Concealment trigger guard holsters. Very easy to draw but you have to take the holster off to reholster, not ideal for a class

Comment

365 XL. I’ve played with some but don’t own one yet. It will probably be the next purchase. My wife carries the G43 or P938 for EDC. I like the G19. My wife shoots my G19 the best. Remember the weight with ammo loaded. If it’s too heave she will never carry it.

Comment

i am such a BIG fan of the 43X, its a super smooth shooter

Comment

Take her on a birthday date to a gun range that rents guns...let HER find one she likes...if she doesn't like the recoil or fit...she won't shoot it and may end up not carrying it

Comment

Working...
                                X