Small pond, big fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small pond, big fish

Since we moved into our house with a small 1/3 acre pond , I’ve always said I would catch a 8lb bass one day in it. Tonight I didn’t do that, but I did catch my biggest out of our pond so far at 5lb 5oz. Last 2 years we’ve caught a 4lb 10oz, couple in the mid 4s , and plenty in the 3s.

I’ve been feeding Aquamax 500 for past 3 years, buried 6-7 homemade pipe structures, and what I believe has helped the most- installed a 3 plate aeration setup.

I also stock 15lbs of tilapia every year and we have plenty of blue gill for the bass to eat.

Won’t be easy, but I sure hope to pull a 8lber out it one day!!

Sorry best pic I could get, was actually darker than it looks, wanted to get him back in water quickly.

Congrats!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Very cool. Congrats sir!!

Comment

Congratulations, keep doing what you are doing and you will be posting up that 8lb bass pics soon!

Comment

You sure got a nice bass.

Comment

Nice one!

Comment

I learned how to bass fish on an old stock tank that we don’t have access to anymore. Congrats

Comment

Nice catch! Can you tell us more about the aeration setup? Is it solar powered? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                    Nice catch! Can you tell us more about the aeration setup? Is it solar powered? Thanks

X2.

Congrats on your bass.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post

It’s an Airmax ps30. Super simple install and it puts out plenty of air. Went with 240v setup and installed next to house. Not loud at all.
                      Had a water fountain before but they really don’t put much oxygen into the water.
                      Fish are much healthier now, they fight like when you are pulling them out of a lake.

Comment

Post a picture of the pond/setup, congrats on getting closer to your goal. I have a pond that I'm about 3 years away from catching a nice fish from. Its fun and relaxing to have a project like this.

Comment

great fish!

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                            Post a picture of the pond/setup, congrats on getting closer to your goal. I have a pond that I'm about 3 years away from catching a nice fish from. Its fun and relaxing to have a project like this.

Comment

Sweet!
                              Nice grass too.

Comment

Working...
                              X